The Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute (QMIPRI) organises the following seminars and events. Please go to the School of Law events page to see further upcoming events. For more information, please contact the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com.
IP Seminar Series 2015-16
- 3 December 2015: Dr Carlos Affonso Souza on 'Reforming Freedom of Expression Legislation in Brazil: from Online Public Participation to the Impact on Intellectual Property’
- 3 February 2016: Dr Burcu Kilic on 'IP Policy Making in the 21st Century; The Trans-Pacific Partnership, a "Made in America” Agreement’
- 11 March 2016: Mr Antony Taubman on 'The TRIPS Agreement 20 Years On: The Last Analogue IP Treaty or the First Trade 2.0 Agreement?'.
More Than Just a Game
Annual seminar on Interactive Entertainment and Intellectual Property Law.
Research Cafe seminars 2015-16
Venue: Room 3.1 Lincoln's Inn Fields campus, CCLS (unless otherwise stated).
Time: 6pm-8pm (unless otherwise stated).
Please note: Research Cafés are open to registered QMUL students only.
- 26 October: Piracy: what to do? - Florian Koempel
- 9 November: Private Copying - Florian Koempel (room 1.1)
- 23 November: Owning the World of Ideas - Matthew David
- 30 November: Protecting trade marks under investment treaties: the case of tobacco plain packaging - Metka Potocnik (room 3.6).
- 11 January: The challenge of live-streaming to IP based media models: the case of English Premier League Football rights - Matthew David
- 18 January: Communication to the public - Florian Koempel
- 8 February: Free speech and industrial property cases: the good, the bad and the commercial - David Musker
- 15 February: Free speech and copyright - Paula Westenberger and Florian Koempel
- 22 February: Beyond warp technology: an analysis of the IP regime on stardate 41978.8 - Uma Suthersanen and Gaetano Dimita
- 29 February: Policy Watch: International Copyright Reforms - Florian Koempel
- 7 March: Human gene patenting - Graham Dutfield.