11 April 2014Time: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Venue: Potsdamer Platz 11, 10785 Berlin, Germany
The 1st Berlin EU and International Tax Conference takes place on 11 April 2014, kindly supported by PwC AG Germany. This is the first Centre for Commercial Law Studies tax conference in mainland Europe and builds upon the success of the Annual Avoir Fiscal EU Tax Conference which takes place in London each January.
The speakers, including some of the leading international tax experts from the United Kingdom, Luxembourg, the Netherlands and Germany, will provide an insight into the latest developments in tax law, with a particular emphasis on what is happening in practice. Our goal is to create an environment for interactive and stimulating debate between the speakers and attendees.’
- 8:00-8:40 - Registration and Coffee
- 8:40-8:50 - Chairman, Professor Dr Claus Herfort, University Of Luneburg, PwC Hamburg, Germany: ‘Chairman’s Welcoming Remarks’
- 8:50-9:20 - Dr Arne Schnitger, Partner, PwC, Germany: ‘German rules against Hybrid Mismatches and their side effects’
- 9:20-10:00 - Professor Dr Rainer Prokisch, University of Maastricht, The Netherlands: ‘EU Law in Its “Current Status” and Double Taxation’
- 10:00-10:40 - Hartmut Foerster, European Commission, Unit D1 Company Taxation Initiatives, Belgium: ‘Allocation of the Corporate Income Tax Base and the Situation within the EU (EU JTPF and CCCTB) in Light of the OECD's BEPS Project’
- 10:40-11:00 - Coffee Break
- 11:00-11:30 - Dr Vassil Tcherveniachki, FGS Germany: ‘TP and BEPS –Practical Issues and Problems’
- 11:30-12:10 - Professor Dr Hans van den Hurk, Tax Partner, Deloitte, The Netherlands, & Maastricht University: ‘Differences in the Interpretation of Art5 (PE) under OECD and UN Model?’
- 12:10-12:30 - Jonas Bley, PhD Candidate, Queen Mary University of London: ‘Taxation in developing Countries: Avoidance and Evasion’
- 12:30-13:30 - Lunch break
- 13:30-14:15 - Professor Dr Philip Baker QC, Gray’s Inn Tax Chambers, UK: ‘Recent Tax Treaty Cases’
- 14:15-15:00 - Professor Dr Moris Lehner, University of Munich, Germany: ‘Treaty Override’
- 15:00-15:45 - Professor Dr Claus Herfort, University Of Luneburg, PwC Hamburg, Germany: ‘Subject-to-tax Clause and Switch-over Clause in recent German Treaty Policy’
- 15:45-16:15 - Coffee Break
- 16:15-16:45 - Natalie Weber-Frisch, AS Avocats, Luxembourg: ‘Structuring Family Business via Luxembourg – A Succession/Inheritance Perspective’
- 16:45-17:15 - Matthias Luther, Küffner Maunz Langer Zugmaier, Germany: ‘Fixed Establishment and VAT – A New Way for member States to Generate Revenue’
- 17:15-18:00 - Dr Tom O’Shea, Queen Mary University of London: ‘Tax Avoidance and the ECJ’
- 18:00 - Chairman, Professor Dr Claus Herfort, University Of Luneburg, PwC Hamburg, Germany: ‘Chairman’s Closing Remarks’
This event is accredited for 10 CPD Points in the UK.
The 1st Annual Berlin Conference on EU and International Tax Organising Committee
- Dr Renáta Ardous - email@example.com
- Jonas Bley - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Tom O’Shea - t.o’email@example.com
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to Book
To book your place, please register via the Queen Mary eshop page.
- The 1st Annual Berlin Conference on EU and International Tax - £100 per delegate
- Special offer: Students - £50 per delegate
For more information, please contact Ms Katherine Zaim on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recordings
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email CCLS Events Manager, Katherine Zaim, on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.