8 May 2015
Time: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Venue: Palazzo Strozzi, Piazza degli Strozzi, Florence, Italy
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies is pleased to announce the 1st Annual Florence Conference on EU and International Tax, held in cooperation with Università degli Studi di Firenze and Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano.
- 8:45-9:15 Registration and coffee
- 9:15-9:30 Marco Miccinesi, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore di Milano: Opening Remarks
- 9:30-9:45 Dr Tom O’Shea, Queen Mary University of London: Chairman’s Welcoming Remarks
- 9:45-10:15 Carlo Romano, Partner, PwC, Italy: 'Voluntary disclosure in Italy: international and EU context, issues and policy arguments'
- 10:15-10:45 Bernard Duffy, HMRC: 'CJEU's approach to branch taxation'
- 10:45-11:15 Philip Laroma Jezzi, University of Florence, 'Comparability in the new century'
- 11:15-11:35 Q&A
- 11:35-12:00 Coffee Break
- 12:00-12:30 George Gillham, Fieldfisher, London, 'The UK Diverted Profits Tax'
- 12:30-13:00 Giammarco Cottani, Agenzia delle Entrate, 'APA arrangements under EU Law: a new landscape?'
- 13:00-13:20 Q&A
- 13:20-14:20 Lunch break
- 14:20-14:50 Jonathan Chevry, European University Institute, 'The comparability test in investment treaties: similarities and differences with the ECJ doctrine'
- 14:50-15:20 Valerio Cirimbilla, Macchi di Cellere Gangemi, 'Residence of corporate entities under Italian tax law'
- 15:20-16:15 Italy and International Tax Discussion Group: Chair Philip Laroma Jezzi
Carlomaria Setti, Chiomenti Studio Legale, 'SCA Group Holding BV, C-39/13, C-40/13 and C-41/13'
Domenico Antonio Multari, M-Lawyers, 'Blanco and Fabretti, Joined Cases C-344/13 and C-367/13'
Fabrizio Bulgarelli, Roberto Scalia Studio TTCC Legal Team, 'Italian Cfc legislation: current issues and de lege condendo perspectives'
- 16.15-16.30 Dr Tom O’Shea, Queen Mary University of London, 'The main role of judicial actors in the EU: Interpretation'
- 16.30-17.00 Philip Laroma Jezzi and Dr Tom O’Shea: Closing Remarks
This event is accredited for 5 credits with Ordine degli Avvocati di Firenze e Ordine dei Dottori Commercialisti e degli Esperti contabili.
The Annual EU and International Tax Conference Organising Committee
- Dr Renáta Ardous (email@example.com)
- Leonardo Amadori (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr Tom O’Shea (t.o’email@example.com)
How to Book
Please register via the QMUL e-shop.
Standard registration - £100
For more information, please contact Leonardo Amadori, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +39 055 211732, Fax: +39 055 2381313
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.