31 March 2015 - 1 April 2015Time: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Venue: Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
The 2015 Global Intellectual Property Moot Court is an internal CCLS/ QMUL moot court, in which LLM students will sharpen their written and oral advocacy skills. The moot aims to simulate parallel proceedings running in two different forums: (1) in front of a WTO panel and independently of that (2) investment treaty arbitration. This year's mock case [PDF 706KB] involves plain packaging of flavoured alcoholic beverages and its legality under WTO TRIPS Agreement and a Bilateral Investment Treaty.
Tuesday 31 March 2015
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am: Round I - Track 1 (WTO)
- 11:30 am - 1:30 pm: Round II - Track 1 (WTO)
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm: Lunch Break
- 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm: Round III - Track 2 (Investor-State Arbitration)
- 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm: Round IV - Track 2 (Investor-State Arbitration)
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm: Tea and biscuits
- 7:30 pm: Finalists Announcement
Wednesday 1 April 2015
- 9:15 am - 10:00 am: Welcome
- 10:00 am - 11:30 am: Final Round I - Track 1 (WTO)
- 11:30 am - 1:00 pm: Final Round II - Track 2 (Investor-State Arbitration)
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Lunch Break
- 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm: Roundtable on "Ban the Product, Not the Trade Mark"
Moderator: Professor Uma Suthersanen, CCLS/ QMUL
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Awards and Drinks Reception
How to Book
This is an internal event that is strictly for QMUL students only.
For more information, please contact the Moot Court Team on email@example.com.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.