15 March 2013Time: 2:00 - 6:00pm
Venue: The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
This is the second year that the Centre for Commercial Law Studies will host an annual Customs Law afternoon seminar. This year’s theme is “Customs Law in Practice”. Once again the seminar is chaired by Dr Tom O’Shea and the speakers include Dr Timothy Lyons QC, Dr Aiste Medeliene and Paddy Behan.
Registration starts at 1.30pm in Room 2.1. Event is from 2-6pm and is followed by a drinks reception in Room 3.1.
How to Book
Since this is a free seminar, places are limited to 60 on a first-come, first served basis. Please register online via EventBrite.
- 2.15pm Dr Tom O’Shea - Chairman’s welcome and opening remarks
- 2.20pm Dr Timothy Lyons QC, 39 Essex Street - "Paying the "right" amount of duty - revising declarations"
- 3.10pm Dr Aiste Medeliene, LAWIN, Vilnius and University of Vilnius, Lithuania - "Customs in practice of the CJEU: Lithuanian Railways case"
- 4.00 pm Paddy Behan, Behan & Co., Indirect Tax Consultants -“Remission of customs duties"
- Drinks Reception (Room 3.1)
Katherine Zaim email: firstname.lastname@example.org