13 April 2016Time: 6:00 - 7:30pm
Venue: Ropes & Gray - 60 Ludgate Hill (4th Floor), London EC4M 7AW, United Kingdom
This event will be delivered by qLegal, Queen Mary University legal clinic providing free legal advice and resources to tech startups and entrepreneurs in the UK.
This workshop and panel will be of interest to:
- Charities and community groups
- Individuals who have a disability
- Entrepreneurs and start-ups who are working on technology to assist individuals who have a disability
- Academics and policy makers
- Law, tech, social work, medical and politics students
- Everyone else
The plan for the evening
qLegal Student Advisers will present a high level legal workshop on common legal issues for startups to consider when launching their business.
Then it’s…. Demo time
We’ll have short demos from:
Selwyn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of Audazzle, a startup producing video games for visually impaired children.
Mazz Eliza Awan, PhD, MD, Orthoptist-SRO, Founder and CEO of Clearview Med., a company that support parents and children going through eye surgery.
Panel - get your questions ready
Our panel of guests will then discuss access and supporting in the tech sector, how tech is addressing some of the challenges disabled individuals face and what the future holds.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Pedro Phinn, Project Manager at Employment Works, East London Business Alliance, a social charity which facilitates corporate involvement in community organisations, education and employment across East London boroughs.
- Anna Hyde, Partner at Bethnal Green Ventures, an incubator which focuses on early stage start-ups with a social impact.
- Selwyn Lloyd, Founder and CEO of Audazzle, a startup producing video games for visually impaired children.
- Tony Stockman, Senior Lecturer at Queen Mary University of London in Human Computer Interaction, Auditory Displays and Data sonification. President of International Community For Auditory Display since 2011.
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map on the registration page.
How to book
This event is free but prior booking is required. Register online via Eventbrite.
For more information on this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
School of Law events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.