20 September 2018
Time: 5:30 - 8:30pm
Venue: Kingsley Napley LLP, Kinghts Quarter, 14 St John's Lane, London EC1M 4AJ
The QMUL Criminal Justice Centre and Kingsley Napley LLP are co-shosting a launch for the Anti- and Counter-terrorism and human rights in Europe: 5 snapshots of current controversies. The publications examines:
- State struggles against terrorism and the implications for human rights 2-Combating terrorism: in search of a definition
- Combating terrorismL in search of a definition
- Anti-& Counter-terrorism,migration and racism in Europe: a continuum of in security and politics of fear
- After Paris,13 November 2015- a dance between France and the EU
- Democratic oversight of intelligence services of Europe:avoiding human rights violations before they happen
18:00 Chair’s welcome:
- Nicolas Rollason, Partner and Head of Immigration (Kingsley Napley LLP)
18:05 Commentary and presentations
- Commentary: Professor Valsamis Mitsilegas (QMUL School of Law)
- Professor Jef Huysmans (QMUL School of Politics and International Relations)
- Response: Professor Elspeth Guild (QMUL Svhool of Law)
- Professor Didier Bigo (King’s College London/Sciences-Po Paris)
19:30:20:30 Networking drinks
How to book
Places are strictly limites and will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis. To RSVP, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "QMUL 20 September event" in the subject line and providing your name and the organisation you work for or study at.
For more information on this event, please email email@example.com.
Photography, video and audio recording
This event may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.