12 April 2016Time: 5:00 - 8:00pm
Venue: Lecture Theatre, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, 67-69 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
In this joint event our idea is to contribute to the substantive discussion about the role of European Union as actor and its applicable laws in international arbitration. We are thinking about leaving behind the rhetoric counterattacks and propose to engage in the reasons as to why arbitration in the EU matters and remains attractive.
5:30pm - Registration and coffee
6:00pm - Welcome
6:15pm - Panel One: Commercial Arbitration in the European Union
- Professor Catherine Kessedjian, University of Pantheon-Assas, Paris II
- Annet van Hooft, Partner, Bird & Bird, France
- Kate Davies, Counsel, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- Moderator: Rashda Rana SC, 39 Essex Chambers and President of ArbitralWomen
7:00pm - Panel Two: Investment Arbitration in the European Union
- Lucy Martinez, Counsel, Three Crowns LLP, London
- Naomi Briercliffe, Associate, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- Gloria Alvarez, Research Fellow, Queen Mary University of London
- Moderator: Norah Gallagher, Academic Director of the Energy and Natural Resources Law Institute, Queen Mary University of London
8:00pm - Drinks reception
How to book
Participation in this event is free, but prior registration is required via our Eventbrite page.
For more information, please contact the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.