5 October 2018 - 6 October 2018Time: 9:00 - 5:00pm
Venue: Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
The Department of Law of Queen Mary University of London is pleased to issue this call for papers for the forthcoming IV CINETS Conference that is scheduled to take place on 5-6 October 2018.
The aim of the Conference is to bring together scholars at various stages of their career whose work broadly fits within the concept of ‘crimmigration’ or subjects parallel to this. Scholars coming from various disciplines (such as criminology, sociology, social policy, law, political science, human geography, anthropology, ethnography) are invited to submit proposals for papers on the topics broadly indicated below (please be kindly informed that this is an indicative list, therefore proposals on similar topics will also be considered). All proposals are required to make the relation with mobility/migration explicit.
- Securitization and surveillance of mobility;
- Detention of migrants and asylum seekers;
- Human trafficking and smuggling;
- The criminalization of solidarity (NGOs or individuals assisting migrants and refugees);
- The rationale and impact of travel bans;
- Retreat from globalism in an era of globalization and the implications for immigration and immigration policy;
- The normalization of ‘crimmigration’;
- Local immigration policies and their interplay with international policy;
- 9. Implications of populism and nationalism in the US and Europe in relation to mobility/migration;
- Use of risk methodologies;
- Links between crimmigration and islamophobia or secularizatiom.
Submission of Paper Proposals
Proposals should be submitted by 31 July 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals should include:
- A short biography, including the author’s contact details and affiliation;
- An abstract of no more than 500 words (in PDF or word format).
- Deadline for submission of paper proposals is 31 July 2018.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the selection process end of August 2018.
- The deadline for submitting draft papers is 25 September 2018.
For further information, please visit CINETS website.
For queries please send get in touch with Dr Niovi Vavoula: email@example.com.