23 November 2016Time: 6:00 - 9:00pm
Venue: Arts One Lecture Theatre, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
Queen Mary University of London has the pleasure to host a unique event gathering some of the most important players in the area of migration and asylum law and policy. Both governmental and non-governmental organisations active in the field of justice and home affairs, human rights, asylum seekers, and refugees’ and migrants’ welfare will come together to present their work to Queen Mary students, introduce themselves and their organisations, and share their experiences in entering and building a career in this field from different perspectives. Students across specialisms with an interest in migration and human rights issues are encouraged to attend.
Talks will be followed by an open discussion with the speakers where students will have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the different organisations and existing opportunities for volunteership, internships and job openings, helping them in their transition from LLM studies to the work market after graduation. Drinks will be served at the end and a chance offered for attendees to engage in conversation on an informal level.
- British Institute of International and Comparative Law - Migration Law Programme (to be confirmed)
- UK Refugee Council (to be confirmed)
- UNHCR UK (to be confirmed)
- The AIRE Centre (Advice on Individual Rights in Europe)
- Kingsley Napley LLP
- The European Council on Refugees and Exiles (ECRE)
- International Refugee Rights Initiative (IRRI - Rights in Exile Programme)
- UN Office for Drugs and Crime (UNODC) - Anti-trafficking/Anti-smuggling programme
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) - EU Justice and Home Affairs Unit
- Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA)
- REDRESS - Justice for Torture victims (Migration).
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to book
This event is free but prior booking is required. Register online via Eventbrite.
Please note: Tickets are available for current students and alumni of Queen Mary University of London
For more information on this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
School of Law events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.