6 February 2014Time: 4:40 - 7:15pm
Venue: Ground Floor Lecture Theatre, Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of London is pleased to announce the details of the second year of our annual seminar series ‘New Voices in Commercial Law’. The aim of this series is to provide a forum for debate and an opportunity for early career academics with outstanding potential to talk about their research in an intellectually stimulating, supportive and non-judgemental environment. The series offers an opportunity for networking with a view to future research collaborations and a vehicle for young academics to communicate their research and make an impact on the wider community.
Draft papers will be circulated electronically two weeks in advance to those who will have registered for the event.
- Dr Sean Thomas (University of Leicester), ‘Security over IP rights’
- George Qi Zhou (University of Leeds), ‘Good Faith in Contract Law’
- Chair: Professor Philip Rawlings (CCLS, Queen Mary)
- Registration 16.45
- first session starts at 17.15
- coffee break at 18.00
- second session at 18.15
- finish by 19.10
This event is accredited for 2 CPD points.
How to Book
- Attendance is free of charge for CCLS and other students and academic staff, invited chairs/commentators and guests. Book online via Eventbrite to register your free place.
- A fee will apply to those who wish to attend for CPD purposes. Please contact Ms Katherine Zaim for details firstname.lastname@example.org. or register and pay online via the Queen Mary e-shop.
- Alumni - 2 Seminars - £40.00
- Alumni - 1 Seminar - £20.00
- Standard - 2 Seminars - £80.00
- Standard - 1 Seminar - £40.00
Spaces are limited and early booking is strongly recommended.
For general inquiries or if you wish to contribute with a paper or act as a discussant in the future please contact the research convenor, Dr Andromachi Georgosouli directly by email: email@example.com.
The 2013-2014 Series is kindly sponsored by Routledge Law.
Photography, video and audio recordings
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email CCLS Events Manager, Katherine Zaim, on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.