22 November 2013Time: 9:00am
Venue: Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB, Room 3.1
In the current climate, many business owners are trying to achieve increased savings and efficiencies through careful tax planning. This seminar aims to help owners ensure they are structuring their affairs to maximise value both now and in the future. The speakers, as experts, will cover opportunities and highlight common pitfalls throughout the owner managed business lifecycle. Drawing on their extensive experience of working with owner managed businesses, this promises to be a hands-on seminar filled with practical tips and insights.
- 8:30-9:00 Registration and Coffee
- 9:00-9:15 Chairman, Dr Tom O’Shea, Queen Mary University of London: ‘Opening Remarks’
- 9:15-10:00 Tom Moore, Tax Partner, Haines Watts LPP: ‘Starting and Growing the Business’
- 10:00-10:45 Mark Gearing, Partner, Field Fisher Waterhouse: ‘Let’s Share: Ensuring Employee Share Plans Meet the Needs of the Business, Owner and Staff’
- 10:45-11:15 Questions and Coffee Break
- 11:15-12:00 Tom Moore, Tax Partner, Haines Watts LPP: ‘Show Me the Money’
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch Break
- 13:00-14:00 Allan Cinnamon, Managing Director, Cintax Publications Ltd: ‘International Corporate Tax Planning for OMB’
- 14:00-14:45 George Gillham, Partner, Field Fisher Waterhouse: ‘When Things Go Wrong: HMRC Enquiries, Disputes and Raids’
- 14:45-15:30 Paddy Behan, Managing Partner, Behan & Co Ltd: ‘VAT Risks and Changes’
- 15:30-15:50 Coffee Break
- 15:50-16:35 Pete Miller, Partner, The Miller Partnership: ‘Getting Away from Each Other: Demergers and Repurchase of Shares’
- 16:35-17:20 Peter Rayney, Managing Director Peter Rayney Tax Consulting: ‘Cashing In-Structuring a Tax Efficient Sale of Your Company’
- 17:20 Chairman: Closing remarks
How to Book
Visit the Queen Mary e-shop to book and pay online.
- OMB Day Conference - £45 per delegate
- QM students and PhD candidates - £20 per delegate
We offer a discount of 10% for CIOT (Chartered Institute of Taxation) members. CPD points are available.
For enquiries, please contact Ms Katherine Zaim
Tel: +44(0)20 7882 8481
Fax: +44(0)20 7882 8100
Photography, video and audio recordings
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email CCLS Events Manager, Katherine Zaim, on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.