5 February 2016Time: 9:00am - 6:00pm
Venue: La Maison du Barreau, rue de Harlay 2 - 4, 75001 Paris, France
"Investment Arbitration 2.0?"
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies is proud to sponsor the Annual Conference of the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA).
The Conference will bring together world-class dispute resolution practitioners and prominent arbitration experts to discuss the challenges and opportunities of investment arbitration, including the new features of investment protection chapters included in recently concluded or currently negotiated EU International Investment Agreements, like CETA or TTIP. In particular, the speakers will discuss pros and cons of international arbitration, the rule of law, including the complex issues such as transparency, right to regulate, protection of property rights and democratic deficits.
Download the EFILA conference programme [PDF 868KB]. Please refer to the EFILA website for the latest version of the programme.
- 09.00-09.30: Registration and Coffee
- 09.30-09.45: Introduction by the Chair
- 09.45-11.00: Panel 1: Setting the Scene: Pros and Cons of Investment Arbitration
- 11.00-11.30: Tea/ coffee break
- 11.30-12.45: Panel 2: Rule of Law and Investment Arbitration: Promoting or Holding Back Its Advancement?
- 12.45-14.00: Lunch break
- 14.00-15.15: Panel 3: Evolution in Dispute Resolution: Third Party Funding, the Role of Secretaries and Security of Data in Investment Arbitration
- 15.15-15.35: Tea/ coffee break
- 15.35-16.50: Panel 4: Towards Institutionalisation and Judicialisation: the Proposal for a Permanent Court
- 16.50-17.00: Closing Remarks
- 17.00-18.00: Reception
How to Book
Please register via the EFILA Conference web page.
The registration fee for this conference is €299 (EFILA offers 50% discount on the conference fee to full time students and academics).
For further information concerning the conference, please contact Blazej Blasikiewicz on email@example.com.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.