23 May 2016Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm
Venue: ULIP, 9-11 rue de Constantine, Paris 7e
The fight against corruption and globalisation of the economy have led States progressively to develop laws which provide for companies' adoption of whistleblowing systems and codes of conduct. The protection of whistleblowers and the broadening of whistleblowing systems to other fields have been raised. This seminar will discuss French and British perspectives on these matters.
- Professor Ioannis Kokkoris, Chair in Law and Economics, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London
- Emmanuel Daoud, Partner at Vigo cabinet d'avocats and Member of the Paris Bar Council
- Stéphanie Fougou, Group General Counsel of Vallourec and President of the Association Française des Juristes d'Entreprise
- Clive Howard, Senior Principal Lawyer (Partner), Slater and Gordon LLM (UK)
The conference will be chaired by Irène Arnaudeau, Lawyer at the Paris Bar, and former President of the Franco British Lawyers' Society, France.
Please note that this event will be conducted in English and French.
The conference will be followed by a cocktail.
The conference is accredited for 2 hours' CPD points with the Bar Standards Board, ILEX and the EFB.
How to Book
Fees apply, as detailed below. You will receive payment details once your initial registration via Eventbrite is complete. Your place can only be confirmed once payment has been received. Payment can be made by cheque or bank transfer, and must be received before 23 May.
- AJFB/FBLS members: 30 Euros
- Non-working AJFB/FBLS members: 20 Euros
- Judges and Academics: 30 Euros
- Non-members: 50 Euros
- QMUL Students: Free
For more information, please contact Anna Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.