25 February 2015Time: 6:00 - 8:15pm
Venue: DWF, 20 Fenchurch Street, London EC3M 3AG
The Centre for Commercial Law Studies at Queen Mary University of London is pleased to present the annual lecture of its Insurance Law Institute, held in collaboration with DWF.
This event will bring together speakers with extensive experience of regulation and compliance to analyse the challenges and opportunities posed by the introduction of Solvency II in Europe, a subject which has already generated much discussion and will continue to do so in the years to come.
- 18.00 - 18.05 Introduction, Jonathan Moss, DWF
- 18.05 - 18.35 Peter Vipond, Prudential Regulation Authority
- 18.35 - 19.05 Dr Renzo Avesani, Unipol Assicurazioni
- 19.05 - 19.25 Professor Paola Manes, University of Bologna
- 19.25 - 19.30 Concluding Remarks, Jonathan Moss
Please join us for drinks and canapes (19.30 - 20.15) after the presentations.
- Jonathan Moss is a partner at DWF and the head of its Transport Sector.
- Dr Renzo Avesani is the Chief Risk Officer at Unipol Assicurazioni, where he is responsible for market, credit, insurance, liquidity risks, capital allocation and ALM.
- Peter Vipond is Head of Department of the Life Insurance – Business Model Department at the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) which is part of the Bank of England. In this role he covers much of the interface between policy and supervision, but also analysis of the insurance sector in its economic and financial context.
- Professor Paola Manes is a professor of private law at the University of Bologna.
How to Book
Participation is free of charge, but prior registration is required via Eventbrite.
This event is kindly hosted by DWF.
For more information, please contact the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.