22 May 2012Time: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Venue: Joseph Rotblat Building, Queen Mary, University of London, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6BQ
The School of Law at Queen Mary, University of London invites postgraduate law students and academics to the Queen Mary PhD Conference. The conference will host presentations from doctoral researchers across Europe in traditional paper and poster sessions, as well as an exciting new ‘soapbox’ session.
Suggested hashtag for this event for Twitter users: #QMLawConf
Each 1.5 hour session will include three papers in a range of subject areas:
Arbitration, Asylum and Refugee Law, Commercial Law, Constitutional Law and Legal History, Criminal Law, European Union Law, Human Rights, Intellectual Property Law, International Law and Medical Law.
Poster Presentations will be displayed during lunchtime.
- The ‘soapbox’ session is new to the Queen Mary PhD Conference and will provide a dynamic forum for short presentations on risky ideas or controversial legal views.
- Plenary session: ‘After the PhD: Academia or Legal career?’
Merris Amos, Professor Richard Ashcroft, Dr Nick Bernard, Dr Stavros Brekoulakis, Professor Alan Dignam, Professor Malgozia Fitzmaurice, Dr Paresh Kathrani (SAS), Amber Marks, Dr Mario Mendez, Professor Chris Reed, Professor Guido Westkamp.
Book a place
Register online via the Queen Mary e-shop by 17 May 2012.
For more information email: email@example.com or find us on Facebook ‘QMUL Postgraduate Conference 2012’.
Read about the 2011 and 2010 Postgraduate Research Conferences.
Some presenters have made materials available ahead of the event:
- Handout: Katie Bales, Refugee & Asylum Law Session [PDF 972KB]
- Handout: Robin Callender Smith, Constitutional Law & Legal History Session The Times 2 Feb 1911 page 6-8 [PDF 2,665KB]
- Handout: Rodrigo Céspedes, International Law Session