3 June 2016
Time: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Venue: Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
'Embracing New Approaches'
The School of Law at Queen Mary University of London invites postgraduate law students and academics to the Seventh Annual Postgraduate Legal Research Conference. The conference will host presentations from doctoral researchers in traditional paper and poster sessions, as well as a ‘soapbox’ session.
The suggested hashtag for this event for Twitter users is #QMLawConf.
Each session will include four papers in:
- Banking, Insurance and Finance Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Criminal Law
- EU Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property
- International Criminal Law
- Legal Education and Legal Profession
- Legal Theory and Legal History
- Public International Law
- Refugee and Immigration Law.
Poster presentations will be displayed during the lunch break.
The ‘soapbox’ session provides a dynamic forum for short presentations on controversial ideas or legal views.
Professor Sir Roy Goode CBE QC, Founder and Honorary President of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies, who will be speaking on ‘How academia can influence the development of law’.
Publication and awards
- Selected papers of the highest quality will be published in a special 2016 volume of the Queen Mary Law Journal (QMLJ).
- During the conference we will present prizes for Best Posters and Best Soap Box Presentation.
Professor Malgosia Fitzmaurice, Professor Anne Flanagan, Professor Kate Malleson, Professor Philip Rawlings, Professor Sypros Maniatis, Mr Nick Bernard, Dr Theodora Christou, Dr Saskia Hufnagel, Dr Maria Ioannidou, Dr Daniela Nadj, Dr Prakash Shah, Dr Noam Shemtov, Dr Guan H Tang (QMUL) and Professor Brian Tamanaha (Washington University in St Louis).
A team of Law PhD students at Queen Mary University of London, led by:
- M. Bob Kao
- Anton Moiseienko
- Vassilis Paliouras
View directions on how to reach the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB.
How to Book
Please register via the QMUL e-shop. The registration fee is £8 per person.
For more information please email email@example.com.
- Find us on Facebook QMUL Postgraduate Conference
- Follow on Twitter QMLawConf
- Follow the CCLS Alumni Group on LinkedIn
- Read about previous Queen Mary Postgraduate Legal Research Conferences.
Photography, video and audio recordings
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.