4 July 2014
Time: 4:30 - 5:30pm
Venue: Ground Floor Lecture Theatre, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
The Centre for European Research (QMUL), the Centre for Research on Direct Democracy (University of Zurich) and the School of Law at Queen Mary University of London invite you to the launch of Referendums and the European Union: A Comparative Inquiry (Cambridge University Press, 2014).
- Welcome: Professor Valsamis Mitsilegas (Head of Law Department QMUL)
- Chair: Professor Jo Shaw (University of Edinburgh)
- Presentation: Dr Fernando Mendez (University of Zurich) and Dr Mario Mendez (QMUL)
- Discussants: Professor Kenneth Armstrong (University of Cambridge) and Professor Kalypso Nicolaidis (University of Oxford)
A food and drinks reception will follow from 5:30 to 7:00pm.
Direct Democracy in the EU: A People's Europe?
The book launch will be preceded by a one-day workshop on Direct Democracy in the EU: A People's Europe? hosted by The Centre for European Research (Queen Mary University of London) and the Centre for Research on Direct Democracy (University of Zurich).
- A separate registration is required for the workshop. Register for the workshop via the Eventbrite page.
- View the full workshop programme [PDF 131KB] [PDF 131 KB]
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to Book
This is a free event. To register for the book launch, please visit the Queen Mary University of London Eventbrite page.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that Department of Law events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.