23 June 20171:00 - 6:15pm
This is a joint policy meeting convened by OMFIF and the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University London on the post-Brexit role of central banks in financial crisis management, examining legal and institutional perspectives as well as the case for policy reform in view of existing and future challenges (e.g. political risk).
The discussion will focus on three areas of post-Brexit environment for central banks concerning respectively the following issues:
(a) Central banking independence and accountability
(b) burden sharing between the public sector and the private sector
(c) the case for rethinking the policy objectives and scope of financial crisis management as well as the role of central banks as ‘crisis managers’.
Confirmed speakers/participants include:
- Lord Meghnad Desai (House of Lords, EU Financial Affairs sub-committee)
- John Nugée (Member, Board of Directors, OMFIF; former Chief Manager, Reserves, Bank of England)
- Anna Gardella (Senior Legal Expert, Resolution, European Banking Authority)
- Professor Rosa Lastra (CCLS)
- Professor Saule Omarova (Cornell Law School)
- Professor Robert Hockett (Cornell Law School)
- Professor Takis Tridimas (King’s College)
- Dr Andromachi Georgosouli (CCLS, QMUL).
The event is cross-disciplinary, bringing together distinguished experts from academia, the public sector and the private sector. The event is particularly relevant to lawyers, economists and political scientists working on central banking and post-crisis financial reform.
Refreshments will be served from 1pm during registration.
This event is kindly hosted by Reed Smith LLP.
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to book
- Practitioners - £80
- QMUL Alumni, academics, barristers, NGO’s, Government organisations - £40
- Students - £20
For more information, please contact the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.