Student-led Law and Business Journal launches at Queen Mary
20 February 2014
The Law and Business Journal 'The Sophists' is a new student magazine produced by students on the MSc Law and Finance programme at Queen Mary.
The magazine offers a fresh perspective on the interplay between law, politics and economics and allows students to participate and debate current topics. Its primary purpose is to offer readers a critical and engaging perspective on current affairs, whilst also providing a platform on which they can express their views and challenge deep-rooted and dogmatic assumptions, in the tradition of the sophists of Ancient Greece.
The first issue 'Captivating Insights on Current Economic and Legal Issues' covers a range of topics including crowdfunding, the fall of the Indian Rupee and the EU and the Tobin Tax - as well as an interview with Queen Mary's Principal, Professor Simon Gaskell.
QM Law and Business Journal 'Sophists': Issue 1 Captivating Insights on Current Economic and Legal Issues [PDF 6.9 MB]
- Diana Avila - Contributor
- Marco Contaldi - Contributor
- Alessandro Demetrio Barbaro - Contributor
- Mariano Gemignani - Contributor
- Isabelle Roy - Graphic Designer and Co-Chief Editor
- Elina Spyropoulou - PR Director
- Ojasvita Srivastava - Co-Chief Editor
- Ivan Nikolas Tambunan - Contributor
- Rumen Zhechev - Pioneer