For the Law and Finance Certificate Programme you must take a total of 60 credits to include at least one law module (45 credits) or two law modules (22.5 credits) and one finance module (15 credits) to be selected from the list of options below.
Pre-sessional course (optional): Mathematics and Statistics (week 0)
Students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra have the option to attend modules during induction week (week zero) within the School of Economics and Finance.
Pre-sessional course (optional): Law (week 1): offered within the Centre of Commercial Law Studies
- You will be also presented with basic Statistics and Statistical software (Eviews) - Semester A)
- Quantitative Research methods for Lawyers - optional non-credit bearing (Semester B).Finance modules
Finance elective modules
Each finance module is worth 15 credits.
- ECOM049 Commercial and Investment Banking
- ECOM050 Investment Management
- ECOM051 Business Finance
- ECOM053 Quantitative Methods in Finance.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting**
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
- 45 credits modules are taught over two Semesters A and B.
- QLLM150 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- QLLM155 Principle of Regulation
- QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law
- QLLM307 Economics of Competition Law
- QLLM360 Banking Law: International
- QLLM362 International Finance Law
- QLLM366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- QLLM368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law
- QLLM374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- QLLM376 International Economic Law
- QLLM377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- ECCL024 Quantitative Methods in Finance
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law.
- QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law
- QLLM310 Compliance in Global Markets
- QLLM361 Banking Law
- QLLM363 International Finance Law Applied
- QLLM369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- QLLM373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- QLLM378 Securities Regulation
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context.
Semester A and B
- QLLM050 International Commercial Law
- QLLM069 Law of Finance and Foreign Investment in Emerging Economies.
*CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
**CCLE019 Accounting for Lawyers and ECCL019 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Return to the Certificate in Law and Finance programme page.