The Diploma in Law and Economics is available to study full-time for one year (12 months).
Students must take a total of 120 credits to include the core Dissertation - 90% /Group Presentation 10% (30 credits). The remaining 90 credits must be taken as one law module ( credits) or two law modules (22.5 credits) and three finance module (15 credits).
Pre-sessional course (optional): Mathematics and Statistics (week 0)
Students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra have the option to attend modules during induction week (week zero) within the School of Economics and Finance.
Pre-sessional course (optional): Law (week 1): offered within the Centre of Commercial Law Studies
- You will be also presented with basic Statistics and Statistical software (Eviews) - Semester A)
- Quantitative Research methods for Lawyers - optional non-credit bearing (Semester B). Finance modules.
Economics elective modules
Each finance module is worth 15 credits.
- ECCL001 Macroeconomics A
- ECCL002 Microeconomics A
- ECCL003 Econometrics A
- ECCL011 Quantitative Methods in Finance.
- ECCL004 Marcoeconomics B
- ECCL005 Mircoeconomics B
- ECCL006 Labour Economics and Public Policy
- ECCL007 Econometrics B
- ECCL008 International Finance
- ECCL010 Behavioural Finance
- ECCL025 Applied Econometrics (Marco and Finance)
- ECCL026 Valuation and Private Equity
- ECCL027 Islamic Finance
- ECCL029 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECCL030 Principles of Accounting.
Law elective modules
- credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
- credits modules are taught over two Semesters A and B.
- CCLE019 Accounting for Lawyers
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- QLLM150 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- QLLM155 Principle of Regulation
- QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law
- QLLM305 Cartels, Collusion and Competition Law
- QLLM328 Digital Intellectual Property Law
- QLLM330 Comparative Copyright Law
- QLLM331 International Copyright: International Treaties and Cross-Border Litigation
- QLLM332 Comparative Law of Patents and Trade Secrets
- QLLM338 International and Comparative Law of Unfair Competition
- QLLM340 Global Intellectual Property: Fundamental Principles
- QLLM360 Banking Law International
- QLLM362 International Finance Law
- QLLM366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- QLLM368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- QLLM370 WTO Law: Market Access and Non-Discrimination
- QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law
- QLLM376 International Economic Law
- QLLM377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- QLLM392 International Commercial Arbitration
- QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law
- QLLM306 Competition Enforcement from Investigation to Sanctions
- QLLM310 Compliance in Global Markets
- QLLM329 Information Technology Transactions
- QLLM333 International Law of Patents and Related Rights
- QLLM339 The Law of Registered Trade Marks
- QLLM341 Global Intellectual Property: Technology and Policy
- QLLM361 Banking Law
- QLLM363 International Finance Law Applied
Semester A and B
- QLLM044 International and Comparative Competition Law
- QLLM025 E-commerce Law
- QLLM060 International Merger Control
- QLLM062 International Tax Law I
- QLLM069 Law of Finance and Foreign Investment in Emerging Economies
- QLLM124 European Union Competition Law
- QLLM128 Telecommunications Law
- QLLM178 Competition Law, Intellectual Property and Innovation