The Diploma in Law and Finance is available to study full-time for one year (12 months).
Students must take a total of 120 credits to include the core Dissertation - 90% /Group Presentation 10% (30 credits). The remaining 90 credits must be taken as one law module (45 credits) or two law modules (22.5 credits) and three finance module (15 credits).
Pre-sessional course (optional): Mathematics and Statistics (week 0)
Students who want to review concepts such as statistical distributions and matrix algebra have the option to attend modules during induction week (week zero) within the School of Economics and Finance.
Pre-sessional course (optional): Law (week 1): offered within the Centre of Commercial Law Studies
- You will be also presented with basic Statistics and Statistical software (Eviews) - Semester A)
- Quantitative Research methods for Lawyers - optional non-credit bearing (Semester B). Finance modules
Finance elective modules
Each finance module is worth 15 credits.
- ECOM049 Commercial and investment banking
- ECOM050 Investment management
- ECOM051 Business finance
- ECOM053 Quantitative Methods in Finance
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting**
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
- 45 credits modules are taught over two Semesters A and B
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law*
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers**
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLE307 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE360 Banking Law International
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE364 Law and Finance in Emerging Economies
- CCLE366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- CCLE419 International Commercial Law
- CCLE480 Compliance Systems in Practice.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE032 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law*
- CCLE028 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE361 Banking Law
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- CCLE367 International Financial Regulation
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation.
*CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
**CCLE019 Accounting for Lawyers and ECCL019 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Return to the Diploma in Law and Finance programme page.