QLLM412 E-Commerce Transactions (Sem 1)
This module investigates the difficulties posed by the problem of creating legally effective e-commerce transactions in a complex cross-border legal environment and potential solutions to those difficulties. It focuses on how e-commerce businesses are constrained to undertake and structure their online activities, and on how legal creativity might be used to reduce or eliminate legal uncertainties.
Topics covered include:
- Creating online contracts
- Consumer protection online
- Identity, security and evidence in electronic communication
- E-commerce marketplaces.
- LLM in Commercial and Corporate Law
- LLM in Computer and Communications Law
- LLM in Intellectual Property Law
- LLM in International Business Law
- LLM in Law and Economics
- Laws (General)
- LLM Flexible Study.
Mode of Assessment
2 x 2,500 word course essays