Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation , two compulsory law module and three Finance modules and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of optional modules.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance modules are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law**
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers ***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- CCLE419 International Commercial Law
- CCLE480 Compliance Systems in Practice.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- CCLE028 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- CCLE367 International Financial Regulation
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation.
**CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page