Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation , two compulsory law module and three Finance modules and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of optional modules.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance modules are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- CCLE035 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance in Practice (Not running 2018-19)
- ECOM136 Project Finance
- ECOM137 China and Global Financial Markets.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law**
- QLLM150 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- QLLM155 Principles of Regulation
- QLLM307 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers ***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- QLLM362 International Finance Law
- QLLM366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- QLLM368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law
- QLLM374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- QLLM376 International Economic Law
- QLLM377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- QLLM419 International Commercial Law
- QLLM480 Compliance Systems in Practice.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- QLLM310 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- QLLM363 International Finance Law Applied
- QLLM365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- QLLM367 International Financial Regulation
- QLLM369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- QLLM373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- QLLM375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- QLLM378 Securities Regulation.
**QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page