MSc Law and Finance
Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), two compulsory law module (22.5 credits) and three Finance modules (45 credits) and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of option modules.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- CCLE310 Compliance in the Global Markets.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance module are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECOM049 Commercial and Investment Banking
- ECOM051 Business Finance
- ECOM053 Quantitative Methods in Finance.
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting***
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
- 45 credits modules are taught over two Semesters A and B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law**
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLE360 Banking Law: International
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE361 Banking Law
- CCLE165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context.
Semester A and B (45 credits)
- CCLE006 International Commercial Law
- CCLE011 Secured Financing in Commercial Transactions
- CCLE027 Financial Models and Application to Corporate Finance
**CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE019 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page