You must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), either one law module (45 credit) or two law modules and three finance modules (15 credits). The remaining 45 credits to be selected from either of the optional finance or law modules.
Module availability: Not all options will be available every year.
Each finance module is worth 15 credits.
Semester A (15 credits)
- ECOM049 Commercial and investment banking
- ECOM050 Investment management
- ECOM051 Business finance
- ECOM053 Quantitative methods in finance.
Semester B (15 credits)
- ECOM023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM055 Risk management for banking
- ECOM058 Principles of accounting
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance.
- 22.5 credit modules are taught over one semester, either A or B.
- 45 credit modules are taught over semesters A and B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law**
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLS360 Banking Law: International
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- CCLE028 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE361 Banking Law
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development (Not running 2016-17)
- CCLE367 International Financial Regulation (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance (Not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation
Semester A and B (45 credits)
- CCLE006 International Commercial Law
- CCLE008 Law of Finance and Foreign Investment in Emerging Economies
- CCLE011 Secured Financing in Commercial Transactions
- CCLE027 Financial Models and Application to Corporate Law
**CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page