MSc Law and Finance
Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), two compulsory law module (22.5 credits) and three Finance modules (45 credits) and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of option modules.
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting***
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance in Practice
- CCLE165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance module are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECOM049 Commercial and Investment Banking
- ECOM050 Investment Management
- ECOM053 Quantitative Methods in Finance.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLE360 Banking Law International
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE364 Law and Finance in Emerging Economies
- CCLE366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- CCLE419 International Commercial Law
- CCLE480 Compliance Systems in Practice.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE028 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE361 Banking Law
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- QLLM367 International Financial Regulation (Not offered 2017-18)
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation.
*CCLE009 Legal Aspects of International Finance and CCLE025 Corporate Finance Law cannot be taken together.
**CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page