MSc Law and Finance
Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), two compulsory law module (22.5 credits) and three Finance modules (45 credits) and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of option modules.
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting***
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance in Practice (Not running 2018-19)
- QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance module are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECOM049 Commercial and Investment Banking
- ECOM050 Investment Management
- ECOM053 Quantitative Methods in Finance.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM077 Valuation of Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- QLLM150 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- QLLM307 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- QLLM360 Banking Law International
- QLLM362 International Finance Law
- QLLM364 Law and Finance in Emerging Economies
- QLLM366 Regulation of Financial Markets
- QLLM368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law
- QLLM374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- QLLM376 International Economic Law
- QLLM377 EU Financial and Monetary Law
- QLLM419 International Commercial Law
- QLLM480 Compliance Systems in Practice.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- QLLM310 Compliance in the Global Markets
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- QLLM361 Banking Law
- QLLM363 International Finance Law Applied
- QLLM365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- QLLM367 International Financial Regulation (Not offered 2017-18)
- QLLM369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- QLLM373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- QLLM375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- QLLM378 Securities Regulation.
*QLLM365 Legal Aspects of International Finance and QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law cannot be taken together.
**QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page