MSc Law and Finance
Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), two compulsory law module (22.5 credits) and three Finance modules (45 credits) and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of optional modules.
- ECOM035 International Finance
- ECOM058 Principles of Accounting***
- CCLE367 International Financial Regulation (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE378 Securities Regulation.
Post semester B
Finance elective modules
Finance module are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance.
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B.
- 45 credits modules are taught over two Semesters A and B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- CCLE017 Elements of Islamic Law**
- CCLE023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- CCLE024 Principles of Regulation
- CCLE029 Economics of Competition Law
- CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers***
- CCLE033 Risk Management in Law
- CCLE360 Banking Law International
- CCLE362 International Finance Law
- CCLE368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- CCLE372 Corporate Finance Law
- CCLE374 Law and Ethics in Finance (not offered 2016-17)
- CCLE376 International Economic Law
- CCLE377 EU Financial and Monetary Law.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- CCLE018 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- CCLE028 Compliance in the Global Market
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- CCLE361 Banking Law
- CCLE363 International Finance Law Applied
- CCLE367 International Financial Regulation
- CCLE369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- CCLE373 Mergers and Acquisitions
- CCLE375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance (not offered 2016-17).
Semester A and B (45 credits)
- CCLE006 International Commercial Law
- CCLE008 Law of Finance and Foreign Investment in Emerging Economies
- CCLE011 Secured Financing in Commercial Transactions
- CCLE027 Financial Models and Application to Corporate Finance
**CCLE164 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing CCLE165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***CCLE030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page