MSc Law and Finance
Students must take a total of 180 credits to include the Law and Finance Dissertation (45 credits), two compulsory law module (22.5 credits) and three Finance modules (45 credits) and the remaining 45 credits to be selected from the list of optional modules.
Finance elective modules
Finance module are 15 credits each and taught over either Semester either A or B.
- ECCL023 Law and Finance in Practice
- ECOM026 Financial Derivatives
- ECOM055 Risk Management for Banking
- ECOM077 Valuation and Private Equity
- ECOM095 Mergers and Acquisitions
- ECOM098 Islamic Finance (Not running 2018-19).
Law elective modules
- 22.5 credits modules are taught over one Semester either A or B.
Semester A (22.5 credits)
- QLLM017 Elements of Islamic Law**
- QLLM023 Strategic Decision Making for Lawyers
- QLLM024 Principles of Regulation
- QLLM029 Economics of Competition Law
- QLLM030 Accounting for Lawyers***
- QLLM033 Risk Management in Law
- QLLM360 Banking Law International
- QLLM362 International Finance Law
- QLLM368 Corporate Rescue and Cross-border Insolvency
- QLLM372 Corporate Finance Law
- QLLM374 Law and Ethics in Finance
- QLLM376 International Economic Law
- QLLM377 EU Financial and Monetary Law.
Semester B (22.5 credits)
- QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law**
- QLLM310 Compliance in the Global Market
- CCLE031 Derivatives in the Legal Context
- QLLM361 Banking Law
- QLLM363 International Finance Law Applied
- QLLM365 Legal Aspects of Financing Development
- QLLM369 Financial Distress and Debt Restructuring
- QLLM375 Corporate Governance and Responsibility in Finance
- QLLM378 Securities Regulation.
**QLLM164 Elements of Islamic Law must be taken before commencing QLLM165 Islamic Finance and Commercial Law.
***QLLM030 Accounting for Lawyers and ECOM058 Principles of Accounting cannot be taken together.
Application and administrative enquiries:
Kate Allen, Joint Programmes’ Administrator (LLM Law and Economics / MSc Law and Finance)
Tel: +44 (0)20 7882 7228
Return to the MSc Law and Finance programme page