Forthcoming events 2017-18
- 15-16 November 2017 Global Legal Pluralism, co-organised by Maks Del Mar and Paul Schiff Berman.
- The 4th Cotterrell Lecture in Sociological Jurisprudence by Professor Annelise Riles This event has been postponed due to the adverse weather. New date to be announced
- CLSGC Annual Lecture 2018 by Professor James Tully This event has been postponed. New date to be announced.
The lecture series will be on 'Methodology of Comparative Disciplines'.
- 11 October 2017 CLSGC Comparative Disciplines Series: Religion, Anthropology and Law
- 29 November 2017 CLSGC Comparative Disciplines Series: Linguistics, Literature and Law
- 17 January 2018 GLSGC Comparative Disciplines Series: Philosophy, History and Law
- CLSGC Comparative Disciplines Series: Sociology, Economics and Law This event has been postponed. New date to be announced.
New book symposia
- 7 February 2018 Brewing Legal Times by Professor Emily Grabham
- 25 April 2018 Symposium on Sociological Jurisprudence by Professor Roger Cotterrell
- 10 May 2018 Law and Revolution: Legitimacy and Constitutionalism After the Arab Spring by Dr Nimer Sultany.
- 31 October - 1 November 2017 International Human Rights and Freedom: Possibilities, Epistemologies, Legacies and Alternatives co-hosted with the International State Crime Initiative (ISCI)
- 21 November 2017 Conversations on International Law and Materiality: International Law, Materiality and Art co-hosted with the Centre for European and International Legal Affairs (CEILA).
- 14 Fabruary 2018 Territory’s Value: An Interdisciplinary Workshop with Charles Maier
- 22 November 2017 Erasmus-CLSGC Dialogues co-hosted with the Erasmus School of Law in Rotterdam
Ad Hoc Seminars
- 10 January 2018 CLSGC Ad Hoc Seminar - Professor Elaine Mak (Utrecht)
- 15 January 2018 Populism and International Law Seminar
- 9 March 2018 Legal advocacy as liberal resistance: the experience of China’s human rights lawyers.
- 27 March 2018 'China's World In The Era of Xi Jinping: What Does China Want' by Professor Kerry Brown
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.