CLSGC Conference, November 2013 - 'Authority in a Transnational Age'
Forthcoming events 2016-17
- 16-17 November 2016 'Arbitration and Legal Reasoning, co-hosted with the School of Arbitration', organised by Maks Del Mar and Stavros Brekoulakis
- 16 March 2017 The 3rd Cotterrell Lecture in Sociological Jurisprudence by Anthony Appiah
- 17 May 2017 CLSGC Annual Lecture by Lauren Benton.
- 30 November 2016 Policy lecture by Abdullah An Naim.
The seminar series will be on 'Global Jurists: Past, Present and Future', and is co-hosted with CEILA.
- 2 November 2016 Global Jurists Seminar One - The Idea of the Global Jurist
- 14 December 2016 Global Jurists Seminar Two - Global Jurists in History
- 25 January 2017 Global Jurists Seminar Three - Comparisons, Transplants, Migrations
- 22 February 2017 Global Jurists Seminar Four - Radical/Activist visions
- 22 March 2017 Global Jurists Seminar Five - Adjudication and Global Jurists
- 23 November 2016 Diversity and Legal Reasoning (co-hosted with LEAD)
- 7 December 2016 Comparative History of Legal Reasoning
- 12 January 2017 Civil War, Intervention and International Law
- 15 March 2017 Literature and the History of International Law.
New book symposia
- 23 September 2016 'Whaling in the Antarcric: Significance and Implications of the ICJ Judgment' by Professor Malgosia Fitzmaurice.
- 19 October 2016 'The Power of Process: The Value of Due Process in Security Council Sanctions Decision-Making' by Devika Hovell
- 10 November 2016 'Controlling Administrative Power: A Comparative History' by Peter Cane
- 6 December 2016 Oxford Handbook of Roman Law and Society
- 13 January 2017 'Civil War: A History in Ideas' by David Armitage
- 25 May 2017 'Rage for Order: British Empire and Origins of International Law' by Lauren Benton and Lisa Ford.
Distinguished Visiting Fellow for 2017
Lauren Benton will visit as a Distinguished Visiting Fellow from 15-28 May 2017
Her visit is organised by Dr Maks Del Mar, and is co-hosted by the Departments of Law, History and Geography.
- 17 May 2017 CLSGC Annual Lecture
- 18 May 2017 Lauren Benton Masterclass with postgraduate students (law, history and geography)
- 23 May 2017 Workshop on the Search for Sovereignty (organised by Miles Ogborn, Department of Geography) (More details to be announced)
- 25 May 2017 New Book Symposium on new book co-authored with Lisa Ford.
Ad Hoc Seminars
- 12 October 2016 'Alterity, Gender Equality and the Veil' by Ratna Kapur
- 21 November 2016 'The Return of the Corporate Lawyer-Statesman?' by Professor Robert W. Gordon
- 18 May 2017 Postgraduate Masterclass by Lauren Benton.
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.