CLSGC Conference, November 2013 - 'Authority in a Transnational Age'
Forthcoming events 2015-16
- 31 March 2016 Professor Anne Orford (Melbourne) will deliver the 2015-16 CLSGC Annual Lecture titled 'Mare Nostrum: International Law, Spatial Order, and the Mediterranean'.
Policy Lecture Series
- 28 January 2016 'Sexual, Gender and Bodily Diversity in the Inter-American Human Rights System' by Tracy Robinson
- 23 March 2016 'The Politics of Climate Change Negotiation’ by Dr Dan Bondi Ogolla.
- 27 January 2016 Half-Day Workshop on 'Adjudication and Indigenous Peoples'
- 20 May 2016 Half-Day Workshop on 'Imperialism and Orientalism in Global Legal History'.
Seminar series on 'Jurisdiction'
- 19 November 2015 Histories of Jurisdiction: Ancient, Imperial, Medieval, Early Modern and Modern
- 3 December 2015 Public / Private Dimensions of Jurisdiction
- 21 January 2016 Universal / Regional / Individual Jurisdiction
- 18 February 2016 Health and Jurisdiction
- 17 March 2016 Cyberspace and Jurisdiction
- 28 April 2016 Roundtable: Jurisdiction in a Pluralist World - History, Theory, Challenges.
New book forum seminars
- 25 November 2015 New Book Forum: 'Intimations of Global Law' by Professor Neil Walker
- 2 December 2015 New Book Forum: 'Social Systems Theory and Judicial Review - Taking Jurisprudence Seriously' by Dr Katayoun Baghai
- 10 December 2015 New Book Forum: 'Justice in the EU' by Dr Floris De Witte
- 11 February 2016 New Book Forum: 'Allowing for Exceptions - A Theory of Defences and Defeasibility in Law' by Dr Luís Duarte d’Almeida
- 2 March 2016 New Book Forum: 'Sovereignty in a Post-Sovereign Society' by Professor Jiri Priban
- 30 March 2016 'Understanding the Nature of Law' by Professor Michael Giudice
- 6 April 2016 New Book Forum: 'Whaling and International Law' by Professor Malgosia Fitzmaurice.
Ad Hoc Seminars - A Bite of Theory Series
- 3 February 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Dr Jonathan Crowe
- 19 February 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Dr Chloe Kennedy
- 23 March 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Klara Polackova van der Ploeg
- 12 April 2016 Annual Seminar on 'History and Theory of Property Law'
- 13 April 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Professor Oren Perez
- 14 April 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Dr Matthias Goldmann
- 20 April 2016 Third Annual Seminar on Scandinavian Legal Realism
- 27 April 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Professor Steven Wheatley
- 25 May 2016 ‘What is International Law?’ by Professor Brian Tamanaha.
- 30 March 2016 'Critical method and legal writing' - CLSGC Postgraduate Masterclass with Professor Anne Orford
- 24 May 2016 Postgraduate Masterclass: The Rule of Law.
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.