The theme for the Seminar Series in 2013-2014 is ‘Transnationalism in History and Theory’:
- 23 October 2013: Professor John Linarelli, Law, University of Swansea 'On the Philosophy of Transnational Law'
- 27 November 2013: Professor Saul Dubow, History, Queen Mary University of London, 'Rights, Constitutionalism, and Political Transition in South Africa'
- 26 February 2014: Dr Charlotte Smith, Law, University of Reading
- 19 March 2014: Professor Sionaidh Douglas-Scott, Law, University of Oxford
As some seminars have pre-circulated papers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend the seminar. All seminars are held in Rm313, Law Building, School of Law, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS – unless otherwise indicated.
'A Bite of Theory' Seminar Series
- Friday 25 October 2013, 11am to 1pm: Brunch with Professor Stuart Toddington and Professor Henrik Palmer Olsen
- Thursday 16 January 2014, 1pm to 3pm: Lunch with Dr Nick Sage, Dr Charlie Webb and Dr Sandy Steel, on 'The Methodology of Private Law Theory'
- Thursday 27 February 2014, 1pm to 3pm: Lunch with Professor Larry Solum
All seminars are held in Rm313, Law Building, School of Law, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS – unless otherwise indicated.
Conferences / Workshops
- 7 November 2013: Inaugural Meeting of the International Network on Transnational Legal and Political Theory
- 8-9 November 2013: Modern Law Review Seminar: Authority in a Transnational Age
- November 2013: Mental Health and the Law: Global Perspectives (date to be confirmed)
Please note that some of these events were held under the auspices of the Research Group in Legal Theory and Legal History.
- 12-13 April 2013
UK IVR Conference 2013 - hosted by the Legal Theory and Legal History Group
Listen to podcasts from the UK IVR Conference: Legal Theory and Legal History: A Neglected Dialogue?
- 20 March 2013
Taking Account of Post-Colonial Legal Theory (co-hosted with the Centre for Ethics and Politics)
- 21 November 2012
Professor Eric Heinze's Inaugural Lecture - What is Injustice? Political, Legal and Literary Perspectives
- 7 September 2012
Systems Theory Workshop: Socio-legal conversations across systems in a world in crisis