CLSGC Conference, November 2013 - 'Authority in a Transnational Age'
Forthcoming events 2015-16
- 31 March 2016 Professor Anne Orford (Melbourne) will deliver the 2015-16 CLSGC Annual Lecture titled 'Mare Nostrum: International Law, Spatial Order, and the Mediterranean'.
Policy Lecture Series
- 28 January 2016 'Sexual, Gender and Bodily Diversity in the Inter-American Human Rights System' by Tracy Robinson
- 23 March 2016 'The Politics of Climate Change Negotiation’ by Dr Dan Bondi Ogolla.
Seminar series on 'Jurisdiction'
- 19 Nov 2015 Histories of Jurisdiction: Ancient, Imperial, Medieval, Early Modern and Modern
- 3 Dec 2015 Public / Private Dimensions of Jurisdiction
- 21 Jan 2016 Universal / Regional / Individual Jurisdiction
- 18 Feb 2016 Health and Jurisdiction
- 17 Mar 2016 Cyberspace and Jurisdiction
- 28 Apr 2016 Roundtable: Jurisdiction in a Pluralist World - History, Theory, Challenges.
New book forum seminars
- 25 Nov 2015 New Book Forum: 'Intimations of Global Law' by Professor Neil Walker
- 2 December 2015 New Book Forum: 'Social Systems Theory and Judicial Review - Taking Jurisprudence Seriously' by Dr Katayoun Baghai
- 10 December 2015 New Book Forum: 'Justice in the EU' by Dr Floris De Witte
- 11 Feb 2016 New Book Forum: 'Allowing for Exceptions - A Theory of Defences and Defeasibility in Law' by Dr Luís Duarte d’Almeida
- 2 March 2016 New Book Forum: 'Sovereignty in a Post-Sovereign Society' by Professor Jiri Priban
- 30 March 2016 'Understanding the Nature of Law' by Professor Michael Giudice
- 6 Apr 2016 New Book Forum: 'Whaling and International Law' by Professor Malgosia Fitzmaurice.
Ad Hoc Seminars - A Bite of Theory Series
- 9 Dec 2015 Ad Hoc Seminar by Professor Paul Berman
- 3 Feb 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Dr Jonathan Crowe
- 13 Apr 2016 Ad Hoc Seminar by Professor Oren Perez
- 20 May 2016 Annual Seminar on 'History and Theory of Property Law'
- 27 January 2016 Half-Day Workshop on 'Adjudication and Indigenous Peoples'
- 12 April 2016 Half-Day Workshop on 'Imperialism and Orientalism in Global Legal History'
- 18 April 2016 Half-Day Workshop on 'Global Law and Science Fiction'.
View past events from the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context.