The members of the Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context welcome research students in a broad range of topics under the broad ambit of the Centre’s research interests.
Current research students supervised by the Centre’s members include:
- Adrian Attard, The Liability of classification societies under international law
- Kimberley Brayson, Unveiling our Ignorance? Can human rights discourse ever adequately articulate the interests of Muslim women in European society? A study within the context of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Jack Simson Caird, The Theory and Practice of Legislative Constitutional Interpretation in the United Kingdom
- Theodora Christou, Justice and Trust: European Criminal Justice and Fundamental Rights
- Mark Hanna, A Social Systems Theory of International Law
- Tom Hannant, A Republican Analysis of the Human Rights Act 1998
- Alexander Horne, Is there a case for greater legislative involvement in the judicial appointments process?
- Khalid Khedri, Interrogating the concept of sovereignty in International law: What role has sovereignty played in the construction of international law?
- William Linton, Evolving Semantic Forms in the Legal System and Society– Observing Anti-Discrimination and Inequality from the Perspective of Systems Theory
- Andreas Marcou, A Republican Justification of Civil Disobedience
- Eda Sahin, Establishing an effective and efficient EU Collective Redress mechanism on damages actions in the field of competition law
- Ruth Saunders, Legal, Ethical and Social Implications of Direct-to-Consumer Genetic Testing
- Sarah Singer, Exclusion from Refugee Status: Terrorism and the UK’s interpretation and application of Article 1F of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees
- Vigneswari Thanapal, The Social and organisational mediation of university learning in Law: A case study of a global law programme (the External Laws Programme of the University of London)
- Hélène Tyrrell, Foreign Jurisprudence in (UK) Domestic Human Rights Cases
- Maria Xiouri, Responsibility of International Organizations and their Member States
- Mary Yarwood, Prisoners and reproduction: fundamental right or privilege?