Professor Anne Flanagan, BA, JD, LLM
Professor of Communications Law
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8066
Anne is a member of the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS). She lectures on the University of London's traditional LLM courses in IT Law, Internet Law and Telecommunications Law as well as teaching distance learning courses in Privacy and Data Protection Law and European Communications Law. She is a New York State licensed attorney.
Before coming to Queen Mary, she practiced law for sixteen years as an associate with the law firm of Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker in New York and in the U.S. financial services industry. Her experience includes insurance regulatory compliance, appellate litigation and state government relations for providers of life, health and property/casualty insurance and pension products. Among her varied functions as Senior Counsel at TIAA-CREF, the world's largest private pension system, where she worked for seven years, Anne served as counsel to the IT divisions.
- QLLM119 Privacy and Information Law
- QLLM128 Telecommunications Law
Anne's research interests lie in the areas of communications law, copyright, privacy and data protection, competition law, freedom of information law and e-government.
Publications since 2001
- Blogging: A Journal Need Not a Journalist Make  16(2) Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal 395-427, ISSN: 1056-4128
- Authorisation and Licensing in J. Angel and I. Walden (Editors), Telecommunications Law and Regulation, 2ed, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2005, 153-213, ISBN: 0199274479
- The Law and Computer Crime: Reading the Script of Reform  13(1) International Journal of Law and Information Technology 98-117, ISSN: 0967-0769
- Honeypots: A Sticky Legal Landscape? (Co-author with I. Walden)  29(2) Rutgers Computer & Technology Law Journal 317-370, ISSN: 0735-8938
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley: Through the EU Data Protection Looking Glass  17(8) Journal of International Banking Law 237-248, ISSN: 0267-937X
- Member of the Institute of Computer and Communications Law (ICCL)
- Member of the Insurance Law Institute
- Queen Mary Postgraduate Law Scholarship Winners 2012
23 November 2012