Dr Andromachi Georgosouli, PhD and LLM (CCLS, Queen Mary, University of London); LLB (Democritus University of Thrace, Greece)
Lecturer in International Commercial Law
Location: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Phone: +44(0)20 7288 3852
Fax: +44(0)20 7882 8101
Andromachi joined the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary, University of London in January 2012. Before coming to CCLS she was a lecturer at the School of Law, University of Leicester, the Deputy Director of the Centre for European Law and Internationalisation (CELI) and the Director of the LLM programme in International Commercial Law. There she led research in commercial law and financial law and regulation and she taught postgraduate and undergraduate modules in financial regulation, commercial law and company law.
Andromachi is a barrister and she obtained her LLB from Democritus University of Thrace (Greece). She holds a PhD in financial law and regulation and an LLM in Banking Law and Finance - both from CCLS at Queen Mary. Her postgraduate studies were funded by a three year scholarship from the Greek State Scholarships' Foundation (SSF), which she had been awarded after having taken first place in the SSF national written competition in 2001. She is currently a member of the Society of Legal Scholars (SLS), the Socio-Legal Studies Association (SLSA), the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI)) and the Society of International Economic Law (SIEL). Andromachi is interested in interdisciplinary research. She has a growing number of publications, conference paper presentations and invitations for contributions to roundtable discussions (FSA, DEMOS etc.).
- 'The FCA-PRA coordination scheme and the challenge of policy coherence', 8 (1) Capital Markets Law Journal (January 2013) (forthcoming)
- 'F. Kjaer, G. Teubner & A. Febbrajo eds., The Financial Crisis in Constitutional Perspective. The Dark Side of Functional Differentiation. Hart Publishing, 2011 -Book Review', 10 International Journal of Constitutional Law (2012) (forthcoming)
- 'Out of the shadows', Public Service Review: Europe 24 (2012)
- ‘The FSA’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative: What is so good about it and why it may not work’ 38(3) Journal of Law and Society, 405-427 [11,240 words] ISSN:0263-323.
- ‘The Revision of the FSA’s Approach to Regulation: An Incomplete Agenda?’, (2010) 7 Journal of Business Law 599 [11,032 words] ISSN: 0021-9460.
- ‘Regulatory Interpretation: Conversational or Constructive?’, (2010) 30 (2) Oxford Journal of Legal Studies 361-384 [peer reviewed; 12,000 words] online ISSN 1464-3820 - Print ISSN 0143-6503.
- ‘The Nature of the FSA Policy of Rule-Use: A Critical Overview’, (2008) 28(1) Legal Studies 119-139 [peer reviewed: 11,600 words] ISSN 0261-3875.
- ‘The Economic Rationale for Investor Protection Regulation: A Critical Appraisal’, (2007) 15(3) Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance 236-249 [peer reviewed: 7,000 words] ISSN 1358-1988.
- ‘Moral Disagreement in Non-Market Decision-Making: A Challenge for Law and Economics?’, in Papanikos G. (ed.), Essays on the Economics of Law and Industrial Organisation (ATINER, 2006) 119-136 [refereed: 7,000 words] ISBN: 978-960-6672-12-5.
Forthcoming / research work in progress
- ‘Judgement-led regulation: Some critical reflections’ (forthcoming on-line publication) FSA research paper presented at the FSA Conference (18 January 2012).
- ‘Responsive Regulation, Legitimacy and Justice’ (research paper)
- ‘The PRA, the FCA and the FPC and the pursuit of policy coherence’ (research paper).
- 'Regulation Social Structure and Resilience' (monograph).
Theories of regulation and jurisprudence, the regulation of resilience, change and uncertainty, financial regulation (banking, securities and consumer protection/financial inclusion) commercial law, corporate law.
Andromachi would be happy to supervise research on any of the issues that fall within her expertise and current research interests.
Professional activities and outreach:
- Dr Andromachi Georgosouli is the research convenor of 'New Voices in Commercial Law' a series of CCLS seminars, which is open to academics and starts in November 2012.
Financial Law and Regulation - June Events
30 April 2013
Dr Andromachi Georgosouli presented a paper on 'the nature of financial resilience as a public goal for financial regulation and its policy implications' at George Washington University
10 December 2012