Dr Andromachi Georgosouli, PhD and LLM (CCLS, Queen Mary, University of London); LLB (Democritus University of Thrace, Greece)
Tel: +44(0)20 7288 3852
Andromachi joined the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of London in January 2012. Before coming to CCLS she was a lecturer at the School of Law, University of Leicester, the Deputy Director of the Centre for European Law and Internationalisation (CELI) and the Director of the LLM programme in International Commercial Law.
Andromachi is a barrister (on leave) and she obtained her LLB from Democritus University of Thrace (Greece). She holds a PhD in financial law and regulation and an LLM in Banking Law and Finance - both from CCLS at Queen Mary. Her postgraduate studies were funded by a three year scholarship from the Greek State Scholarships' Foundation (SSF), which she had been awarded after having taken first place in the SSF national written competition in 2001. She is currently a member of the Society of Legal Scholars (SLS), the Socio-Legal Studies Association (SLSA), the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) and the Society of International Economic Law (SIEL). Andromachi is interested in interdisciplinary research. She has a growing number of publications, conference paper presentations and invitations for contributions to roundtable discussions (the Bank of England, FSA, DEMOS, George Washington University etc).
Theories of regulation and jurisprudence, financial regulation.
- 'Judgement-led regulation: Reflections on data and discretion', 14(3-4) Journal of Banking Regulation 209-220 (Special issue, 2013)
- 'The FCA-PRA coordination scheme and the challenge of policy coherence', 8 (1) Capital Markets Law Journal (January 2013)
- 'F. Kjaer, G. Teubner & A. Febbrajo eds., The Financial Crisis in Constitutional Perspective. The Dark Side of Functional Differentiation. Hart Publishing, 2011 -Book Review', 10 International Journal of Constitutional Law (2012)
- ‘The FSA’s Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) initiative: What is so good about it and why it may not work’ 38(3) Journal of Law and Society, 405-427 (2011)
- ‘The Revision of the FSA’s Approach to Regulation: An Incomplete Agenda?’, 7 Journal of Business Law 599 (2010)
- ‘Regulatory Interpretation: Conversational or Constructive?’, 30 (2) Oxford Journal of Legal Studies 361-384 (2010)
- ‘The Nature of the FSA Policy of Rule-Use: A Critical Overview’, 28(1) Legal Studies 119-139 (2008)
- ‘The Economic Rationale for Investor Protection Regulation: A Critical Appraisal’, 15(3) Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance 236-249 (2007)
- ‘Moral Disagreement in Non-Market Decision-Making: A Challenge for Law and Economics?’, in Papanikos G. (ed.), Essays on the Economics of Law and Industrial Organisation (ATINER, 2006) 119-136.
Forthcoming / research work in progress
- 'Financial Resilience'
- 'The socio-structural view of regulation'
Andromachi would be happy to supervise research on any of the issues that fall within her expertise and current research interests.
- Dr Andromachi Georgosouli is the research convenor of 'New Voices in Commercial Law' a series of CCLS seminars, which is open to academics:
Financial Law and Regulation - June Events
30 April 2013
Dr Andromachi Georgosouli presented a paper on 'the nature of financial resilience as a public goal for financial regulation and its policy implications' at George Washington University
10 December 2012