Dr Noam Gur, LLB (summa cum laude) (Jerusalem), BCL (Distinction), MPhil (Distinction), DPhil (Oxford)
Lecturer in Law
Email: email@example.comRoom Number: 203, Law Building, Mile End
Noam Gur is a Lecturer in Law at Queen Mary University of London. Before joining Queen Mary, he was Shaw Foundation Fellow at Lincoln College, University of Oxford. He read Law as a postgraduate at the University of Oxford and as an undergraduate at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Dr Gur’s main areas of research are jurisprudence and legal theory. His other research interests include political theory, tort law and medical malpractice. He teaches jurisprudence and tort law.
Dr Gur’s primary research areas are jurisprudence and legal theory. His other research interests include political theory, tort law and medical malpractice. His current research in jurisprudence focuses on the interface between law and practical reason (the topic of a monograph he is presently writing). Another topic he is currently researching is the role of policy arguments in judicial reasoning, particularly in the context of tort adjudication.
- Gur N., ‘Ronald Dworkin and the Curious Case of the Floodgates Argument’ (2018) 31(2) Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 323-345
- Gur N., ‘Private Law Adjudication as an Arena of Struggle Between Principle and Policy’, New Private Law (Harvard’s blog on the foundations of private law) 19 Aug 2015
- Gur, N., ‘Wrongful Life Claims and Negligent Selection of Gametes or Embryos in Infertility Treatments: A Quest for Coherence’ (2014) 22 Journal of Law and Medicine 426-441
- Gur, N., 'Form and Value in Law' (2014) 5(1) Jurisprudence: An International Journal of Legal and Political Thought 85-95
- Gur, N., 'Actions, Attitudes, and the Obligation to Obey the Law' (2013) 21(3) Journal of Political Philosophy 326-346
- Gur, N., 'Normative Weighing and Legal Guidance of Conduct' (2012) 25(2) Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence 359-391
- Gur, N., 'Are Legal Rules Content-Independent Reasons?' (2011) 5 Problema 175-210
- Gur, N., 'Legal Directives in the Realm of Practical Reason: A Challenge to the Pre-emption Thesis' (2007) 52 American Journal of Jurisprudence 159-228.
- Centre for Law and Society in a Global Context holds first International Dialogue with Erasmus Law School
1 November 2016
- Dr Noam Gur on the Tension between Principle and Policy in Private Law Adjudication
25 August 2015
- Dr Noam Gur speaks at 'Perspectives on Legal Authority' workshop, University of Edinburgh
9 June 2015