Professor Doug Jones AO, LLB, BA, LLM,Graded Arbitrator and Foundation Fellow, Institutate of Arbitrators & Mediators Australia, Member of the Order of Australia (AM), Chartered Arbitrator and Companion, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (UK) (CCIArb) and FAMINZ
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +612 9353 4120Room Number: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Professor Doug Jones AO has been a Visiting Professor at the Queen Mary University of London since 2013, taking on guest lectures and panel discussions in areas such as International Construction Law, International Construction Contracts and Arbitration, and International Commercial Arbitration. He has been a Professorial Fellow in the Law School at the University of Melbourne, Australia since 2001, where he is also the Course Co-ordinator for the International Construction Law program.
Outside of his academic commitments, Doug is a leading independent international commercial and investor/state arbitrator. He is an arbitrator member at Arbitration Place in Toronto, a door tenant at Atkin Chambers London, and has an office in Sydney, Australia. Prior to his full-time practice as an arbitrator Doug had 40 years' experience as an international transactional and disputes projects lawyer. The arbitrations in which he has been involved include infrastructure, energy, commodities, intellectual property, commercial and joint venture, and investor-state disputes spanning over 30 jurisdictions around the world. Doug is acknowledged as a leading arbitrator and is highly ranked in a number of leading publications. In 2016, Doug was made a Companian of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and is one of only four living people in the world to have been bestowed with this honour.
- Commercial Arbitration in Australia (2nd ed, Thomson Reuters, 2013)
- Building and Construction Claims and Disputes (Construction Publications, 1996).
Law Review Publications:
- Current Co-Editor in Chief of the International Construction Law Review (Informa)
- 'Arbitration in Australia' in The Asia-Pacific Arbitration Review 2018 (Global Arbitration Review, 2017) http://globalarbitrationreview.com/benchmarking/the-asia-pacific-arbitration-review-2017/1036990/australia
- 'Who might have investment treaty claims in infrastructure projects?' (2016) 11(3) Construction Law International 24
- 'Using Costs Order to Control the Expense of International Commercial Arbitration' (2016) 83(3) The International Journal of Arbitration, Mediation and Dispute Management 291
- Society of Construction Law International Biennial Conference Gala Dinner Keynote Address 2016
- 'The Penalties Doctrine in International Construction Contracting: Where to from here?' delivered at the New Zealand Society of Construction Law in 2016
- 'Using Cost Orders to Control the Expense of International Commercial Arbitration' delivered at the Chartered Institute of Arbitration Reobuck Lecture in 2016
- 'Looking Back - Moving Forward' keynote speech delivered at the Kuala Lumpur International Arbitration Week in 2015 in celebration of the Chartered Insitute of Arbitrators' Centenary in 2015.
More publications can be found at https://www.dougjones.info/publications/.