Mrs Suriyakumari Lane, LLB (Sri Lanka), LLM (London), LLB (Cantab), MPhil (London), Attorney-at-Law (Sri Lanka), Fellow HEA
Mrs Suriyakumari Lane teaches Contract Law in School of Law at Queen Mary University of London (QMUL). Mrs Lane holds degrees from the universities of Sri Lanka, London and Cambridge. She is a Teaching and Scholarship Lecturer at QMUL, Honorary Lecturer at the University of Liverpool and an Associate Lecturer Birkbek College.
Her research interests are in conflict of laws, the law of contract and legal education. She has published in the areas of conflict of laws and legal education.
- Law of Contract
- Law of Tort
- Private International Law
- Conflict of Laws, Legal Education.
- Suriyakumari Lane, ‘Promoting collaborative learning among students’ American Journal of Educational Research Vol. 4, No. 8, 2016, pp 602-607. http://pubs.sciepub.com/education/4/8/4
- Suriyakumari Lane, “Effective online discussion forums as a legal learning space” American Journal of Educational Research Vol 4, No. 5, 2016, pp 392-396. doi: 10.12691/ education-4-5-5
- Suriyakumari Lane, “Developing Employability Skills by using Blended Learning’ American Journal of Educational Research Vol 4 No. 1 2016, pp 47-53. http://pubs.sciepub.com/education/4/1/9
- Suriyakumari Lane, ‘Information Age to Interaction Age in Legal Education: How Far Have we Progressed?’ American Journal of Educational Research Vol. 3, No. 12, 2015, pp 1311-1318. http://pubs.sciepub.com/education/3/12/5
- Suriyakumari Lane, ‘Servant Leadership: Empowering Learners through ‘Flipped’ classrooms.’ American Journal of Educational Research vol. 3 no. 11 (2015): 1211 – 1216. Doi: 10.12691/education-3-11-10
- Suriyakumari Lane, ‘Free Movement of Judgments within the EEC’, International and Comparative Law Quarterly, (1986) 35 (3) 629 – 643
- Suriyakumari Lane, ‘The New rules on Civil Jurisdiction in the English Conflict of Laws’, (1984) (Part I) City of London Law Review 93 – 100