Ms Imogen Wiseman, BA English & Philosophy (York), Registered Trade Mark Attorney, Trade Mark and Design Litigator (winning the Hogarth Prize)
Imogen is Partner at Cleveland Scott York LLP, UK. She is a Registered Trade Mark Attorney and a Trade Mark and Design Litigator. She has over 20 years’ experience in trade mark, copyright and design law and her practice now focuses primarily on brand clearance, portfolio management and contentious proceedings before the UK IPO, EUIPO and IPEC.
As a private practice attorney, Imogen has represented clients from a range of different industries including media, finance and healthcare. She has spent the last 12 months working in-house as part of the trade marks team in a large pharmaceutical and healthcare company.
Imogen chairs CITMA’s Law and Practice Committee and regularly represents the UK profession at meetings with the UK IPO, EUIPO and WIPO. She also serves as Vice-Chair of ECTA's Law Committee. She is a member of the Councils of both these organisations.
Imogen is also co-author of Trade Marks in Europe: a Practical Jurisprudence (third edition), OUP 2016 and was co-editor of the CITMA/CIPA EUTM Handbook and CITMA/CIPA Handbook on Community Designs.
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Star.
- Legal 500 – recognised as having ‘’a wealth of knowledge’” in the management and protection of trade mark portfolios.
- World Trademark Review 1000, 2016 - “Imogen Wiseman is excellent full stop. She exhibits rare clarity of thought and has a very significant practice.”
- CITMA Council Member and Chair, CITMA Law & Practice Committee
- ECTA Council Member and Vice Chair, ECTA Law Committee.