Welcome to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)! This section contains important information for LLM and Diploma students starting in September 2017
Induction information for our other postgraduate programmes will be available shortly.
Induction and enrolment September 2017
- Read the induction event overview [PDF 169KB]. After enrolment, Induction events will start on Tuesday 19 September 2017. The early Key LLM information sessions will be bookable in advance and further details will be emailed to offer holders early September. This is when you will receive your full induction programme and vital student pack. If you change your correspondence email for any reason you should contact us on email@example.com
- View the LLM Year Planner for more information about the academic year.
Draft teaching timetable 2017/2018
The first week of induction includes four residential trips to Cumberland Lodge. We will email further information to all offer holders in mid July. Places are limited and allocated on a first come first served basis to full -time students. Please look out for emails!
Registration for the following Events is now open.
The LLM Overview session will cover dates and deadlines, Module Selection advice, Assessment guidance and Q/A session (and much more).
Students should attend EITHER the Genesis or Senate House event. At both sessions you will receive vital LLM information for the year ahead as well as be given your Student Pack: this includes the full induction timetable, teaching timetable and other important documentation.
If the session you want to attend is full you should book onto the alternate event.
Students attending Cumberland Lodge should NOT book or attend either of these sessions as you will receive this information at the Lodge.
- Tuesday 19 September 2017 from 09:30am-12pm at the Genesis Theatre
- Wednesday 20 September 2017 from 09:30am-12pm at Senate House.
Module Overview by Programme Sessions
Each student is enrolled on one specific LLM programme and should attend their own programme event. However you CAN also attend other module overview sessions for the purpose of deciding on your free choice 45 credits (if required). Note: These two sessions below are REPEATED in week two but if you are on the two programmes concerned or may wish to take a module in that area then you can book a place NOW as the first session is quite early in induction week one (Students attending Cumberland Lodge should ideally attend Week 2 repeat sessions).
Wednesday 20 September 2017
- Session 1A: 2-4pm Banking and Finance Law/International Economic Law
Charterhouse Square – Derek Willoughby Lecture Theatre
- Session 2A: 4:15-6pm Commercial and Corporate Law/International Business Law
Charterhouse Square – Derek Willoughby Lecture Theatre
Events for which Booking Opens Later
The following events can be booked from Wednesday 20 September at 12.00
- Dr Theodora Christou Fundamentals of EU Law Lecture 1, Thursday 21 September 12pm
- Gavin Sutter Introduction to Common Law 1, Friday 22 September 12pm
- Gavin Sutter Introduction to Common Law 2, Monday 25 September 11:30am
- Dr Theodora Christou Fundamentals of EU Law Lecture 2, Monday 25 September 5pm
- Sir Bernard Rix Commercial Law Lecture, Thursday 28 September 6pm.
Mile End Campus Tours
- Mile End Campus Tour 1, Thursday 21 September 4pm
- Mile End Campus Tour 2, Thursday 21 September 5pm
- Mile End Campus Tour 3, Monday 25 September 2pm
- Mile End Campus Tour 4, Wednesday 27 September 10am.
Critical Thinking and Dissertation Advisory Session
These are repeated sessions, you should attend only one.
- Critical Thinking/Dissertation Advisory 1, Thursday 21 September 5pm
- Critical Thinking/Dissertation Advisory 2, Monday 25 September 4pm CANCELLED
- Critical Thinking/Dissertation Advisory 3, Tuesday 26 September 10am
- Critical Thinking/Dissertation Advisory 4, Friday 29 September 3pm.
QM Library Induction
- QM Library Induction 1, Friday 22 September 4pm
- QM Library Induction 2, Tuesday 26 September 6pm
- QM Library Induction 3, Thursday 28 September 5pm
- QM Library Induction 4, Friday 29 September 4pm.
The Module Overview sessions for larger specialisms are ticketed via Eventbrite. You must pre-register. They are repeated sessions, you should therefore only attend one of the sessions.
Please note that Module Overview sessions for other specialisms are not ticketed and there is no need to pre-register.
- Module Overview 3A International and Comparative Dispute Resolution, Thursday 21 September 09:30am
- Module Overview 4A Energy and Natural Resources Law/Public International Law/Environmental Law, Thursday 21 September 11:30am
- Module Overview 5A Intellectual Property Law, Friday 22 September 12pm
- Module Overview 1B Banking and Finance Law/International Economic Law, Monday 25 September 1:30pm
- Module Overview 2B Commercial and Corporate Law/International Business Law, Tuesday 26 September 6pm
- Module Overview 3B International and Comparative Dispute Resolution, Tuesday 26 September 9:30am
- Module Overview 5B Intellectual Property Law, Wednesday 27 September 10:30am
- Module Overview 4B Energy and Natural Resources Law/Public International Law/Environmental Law, Wednesday 27 September 4pm.
Careers, Professional Development and Postgraduate Law Specialisms
- Careers, Professional Development and Postgraduate Law Specialisms 1, Friday 22 September 5pm
- Careers, Professional Development and Postgraduate Law Specialisms 2, Friday 29 September 5pm.