Dentons is a global law firm with a long standing commitment to supporting the local community. The School of Law are awarding an annual bursary of £6,500 in collaboration with Dentons, for students enrolling in 2016, 2017 and 2018, with the opportunity to apply for renewal in their second and final years of study.
Recipients will be expected to volunteer for Dentons’ Poplaw Free Legal Advice Clinic, and will be encouraged to apply for the Dentons’ summer placement scheme.
- Applicants must be in the first year of a 3 or 4 year LLB programme.
- Applicants must be a permanent resident (for at least three years) in either the London Borough of Tower Hamlets, Hackney, Newham, Redbridge, Waltham Forest or Barking and Dagenham.
- Applicants must be assessed by Student Finance as having a residual household income of £42,600 per year or less
- This must be the first time the applicant have entered higher education.
- Applicant should be the first member of their immediate family (parents and siblings) to enter higher education.
How to apply
Applications for this bursary will be open in December 2018. Details will be published nearer the time.
Awardees will be eligible to apply for renewals in the following academic year, provided they meet the renewal criteria outlined to them upon award.
If you have any questions or queries about this award, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.