Through a generous donation from a Singaporean family we have been able to introduce a Queen Mary – Singapore Law scholarship for September 2017 entry. The scholarship, which is aimed at Singaporean students, or permanent residents of Singapore, defined as coming from a low income background*, will provide full tuition fee and living expenses for the duration of a three year LLB, as well as flights to and from London. The scholarship is valued at £90,000 over the course of three years of study.
This scholarship ties perfectly with the Widening Participation ethos that is central to Queen Mary’s values.
The Scholarship will only be available to individuals meeting all of the following criteria:
- Is a permanent resident of Singapore
- Is studying in the Public Education system in Singapore
- Has been assessed as coming from a low-income background
- Has achieved the minimum academic entry qualifications to enter the first year of the LLB programme.
Applications and Selection
- All applications for the LLB programmes should be received via UCAS no later than 15 January 2017.
- A supporting letter of no more than 500 words should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 January 2017 which outlines how the applicant will benefit from the Queen Mary - Singapore Law Scholarship and how they would use the scholarship award to represent the institution and Singapore during and beyond their studies. This letter should also include:
- Full name
- UCAS ID
- Address in Singapore
- Email and contact telephone number.
- *Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide evidence showing household income of less than $50,000 SGD per year by 15 February 2017 – We would expect to see one of the following:
- An annual statement outlining income received by Parents/carers of applicant
- Twelve months of wage slips from Parents/carers of applicant.
- Along with a signed statement from Parents/carers of applicant to declare that they have an annual household income of less than $50,000 SGD.
- Shortlisted candidates who provide and meet the above criteria will be invited for interview in Singapore on 10 March 2017 with the scholarship awardee announced no later than 31 March 2017.
If you have any questions regarding the Queen Mary – Singapore Law Scholarship please contact Jake Duffin on email@example.com.