22 October 2015Time: 4:00 - 7:00pm
Venue: Ironmongers’ Hall, London
The Energy and Natural Resources Law Institute at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies has established the Energy Forum to support it in achieving the highest academic standards. By convening leaders in the industry to share and debate views across a range of topics, the Forum aims to promote the ENRLI's reputation for thought leadership. The Forum provides a trusted and independent environment where debate is enriched through its diverse and international membership.
Forum members include academics, law firms, regulators, policy makers and companies from across the energy sector.
The Institute is holding its inaugural Energy Forum event on the subject of "Legal Challenges to Achieving an EU Energy Union".
Lord Gus O'Donnell GCB will moderate a panel of experts that includes:
- The Rt Hon Ed Davey, Secretary of State for Energy & Climate Change 2012-2015
- Silke Goldberg, Corporate Counsel, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Dr Raphael Heffron, Senior Lecturer in Energy and Natural Resources, Energy and Natural Resources Law Institute, Queen Mary University of London
- Sam Laidlaw, Executive Chairman Neptune Oil & Gas Limited
- Lord Mogg, President of the Council of European Energy Regulators and Chair of the Board of Regulators for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators
- Paul Skinner CBE, Chair of the Defence Equipment and Support Board, Ministry of Defence
Planned future events include debate on:
- February 2016: Climate Change
- April 2016: The Role of Regulation in Energy
- June 2016: Disputes and Arbitration
How to Book
This event is strictly by invitation only.
For further information on Forum participation and membership, please contact Maria Taylor, Chair of the Energy Forum, firstname.lastname@example.org or + 44 (0) 788 1511 420.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.