17 October 2013 - 26 October 2013Time: 1:00 - 1:00am
Queen Mary University of London Law Professor Alan Dignam and Menagerie Theatre Company, in association with Amnesty International UK and Queen Mary Drama, explore the human rights consequences of the global expansion of private power. Join the discussion. Rehearse the future. This exciting workshop uses forum theatre dramatisations to look at the growing reach and influence of multinational corporations, and the consequences for human rights.
But beware! This is not a performance in which to sit back and relax. It is your chance to get involved in the debate, to share your perceptions, questions and potential answers to the problems raised. Focusing on business and human rights, the workshop unpicks the social, cultural, political forces at play within real-life scenarios and aims towards informed solutions. Overturn the democratic deficit with this engaging and imaginative approach to addressing these thorny questions.
How to Book
These performances are free but registration is required. Booking information and registration can be accessed at the Eventbrite pages for each date of the performance below:
- Belfast 17 October 2013, 7.30pm – 10.30pm
- Dublin 18 October 2013, 6pm – 9pm
- London, Amnesty International 22 October 2013, 6pm – 9pm
- London, Amnesty International 23 October 2013, 6pm – 9pm
- London, Queen Mary 24 October 2013, 6.30pm – 9.30pm
- London, Queen Mary 25 October 2013, 6.00pm – 9.00pm
- Cambridge, 26 October 2013, 2pm – 5pm
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.