3 April 2017Time: 6:00 - 8:00pm
Have you recently become your company's director, or thinking of doing so?
This legal workshop will provide information, support and guidance on the roles and responsibilities of Directors. In recent years the responsibilities of Directors have become increasing complex and competing priorities and interests have impacted on the role.
You will cover some of the following:
- Overview of key facts regarding the Company Director
- Roles and responsibilities of a Director - Key Facts
- Powers of Directors
- Liabilities of Directors
- Types of Directors
- Legislation - including disqualification, insolvency, fraudulent trading, health & safety and corporate manslaughter
- Relationships with other stakeholders, including - other Directors, shareholders and (if appointed) company secretary
- Appointment and termination of Directors
- Review key legislation and its implications for both individual Directors and corporate liability
- 6pm Registration / Networking
- 6.30pm Start of the presenation
- 7.15pm Q&A
- 7.30pm Refreshment and Networking
Bring your business cards!
This presentation will be given by our Postgraduate students at Queen Mary University of London who are taking part in the qLegal Law Clinic.
How to book
This event is free but prior booking is required. Register online via Eventbrite.
For more information, please contact Clemence Tanzi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email Clemence Tanzi on email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.