16 June 2017Time: 9:00am - 8:00pm
Venue: Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB
The School of Law at Queen Mary University of London invites postgraduate law students and academics to the Eighth Annual Postgraduate Legal Research Conference. The conference will host presentations from doctoral researchers in traditional paper and poster sessions, as well as a ‘soapbox’ session.
The suggested hashtag for this event for Twitter users is #QMLawConf.
Each session will include four papers in:
- Banking, Insurance and Finance Law
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Competition Law
- Criminal Law
- EU Law
- Human Rights
- Intellectual Property
- International Criminal Law
- Legal Education and Legal Profession
- Legal Theory and Legal History
- Public International Law
- Refugee and Immigration Law.
Poster presentations will be displayed during the lunch break.
The ‘soapbox’ session provides a dynamic forum for short presentations on controversial ideas or legal views.
Publication and awards
- Selected papers of the highest quality will be published in a special 2017 volume of the Queen Mary Law Journal (QMLJ).
- During the conference we will present prizes for Best Posters and Best Soap Box Presentation.
A team of Law PhD students at Queen Mary University of London, led by:
- Anja Naumann
- Elif Mendos Kuşkonmaz
- Yavuz Selim Sönmez.
View directions on how to reach the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS), Queen Mary University of London, 67-69 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3JB.
How to Book
QMUL e-shop will be available soon. The registration fee is £10 per person (no fee for speakers).
For more information please email email@example.com.
- Find us on Facebook QMUL Postgraduate Conference
- Follow on Twitter QMLawConf
- Follow the CCLS Alumni Group on LinkedIn
- Read about previous Queen Mary Postgraduate Legal Research Conferences.
Photography, video and audio recordings
Please note that CCLS events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email the CCLS Events Team on firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event that you are attending.