14 June 2018 - 15 June 2018Time: 9:30am - 5:00pm
Venue: 2.17 and 2.18, Arts Two, Queen Mary University of London, Mile End Road, London E1 4NS
The School of Law at Queen Mary University of London is delighted to host the second ‘Oxford Handbook of Law and Humanities Conference’. The first will be held at Stanford University in May 2018. The conference will involve leading scholars in law and humanities who are contributing to the Oxford Handbook of Law and Humanities, which is co-edited by Maks Del Mar, Simon Stern and Bernadette Meyler. For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
10am Tea and Coffee
10.30am Welcome from Simon Stern, Bernadette Meyler and Maks Del Mar
Chair: Maks Del Mar
- Henrike Manuwald, Book History
- Carolin Behrmann, Visual Studies
- Subha Mukherji, Proof/Evidence.
Chair: Alan Read
- Julie Stone Peters, Interpreting Legal Performance
- Marett Leiboff, Performance
- Rex Ferguson, Trials
- Timothy W. Hyde, Place/Space/Critical Geography
- Shaun McVeigh, Jurisdiction.
4pm–4.30 Break (Tea and Coffee)
Chair: Isobel Roele
- Renisa Mawani, Post-Colonial Studies BY SKYPE
- Noa Ben Asher, Queer Theory
- Panu Minkinnen, Agonism
- Camille Gear Rich, Theories of Racialization
6.30pm – 7.15pm Drinks
7.30pm Dinner (Aryana’s Persian and Afghan Restaurant – 10 min walk from venue)
Chair: Michael Lobban
- Steven Wilf, Treatises
- Heikki Pihlajamäki, Codifications
- Tal Kastner, Form Contracts
- Ari Z. Bryen, Responsa.
12pm – 1pm Lunch
1pm – 3pm
Chair: Simon Stern
Ellen Spolsky, Cognitive Literary Studies
Susanna Blumenthal, Agency/Responsibility
Norman Spaulding, Memory/Trauma
3pm – 3.30pm Break (Tea and Coffee)
3.30pm – 5.30pm
Chair: Bernadette Meyler
- Khiara M. Bridges, Family Law
- Sherally Munshi, Immigration
- Eric Heinze, Speech Regulation
- Julia Simon-Kerr, Evidence/Crim Pro
5.30pm Conference ends
For directions to the venue, please refer to the map.
How to book
This event is free, however there are limited places. To book, please email Dr Maks Del Mar: email@example.com.
For more information on this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, video and audio recording
School of Law events may be photographed or video and audio recorded. These materials will be used for internal and external promotional purposes only by Queen Mary University of London. If you object to appearing in the photographs, please let our photographer know on the day. Alternatively you can email email@example.com in advance of the event that you are attending.