Professor Julian DM Lew, QC LLB (Lond, Hons), Dr Juris (L’vain) FCIArb, Barrister/International Arbitrator,
Honorary Fellow of the College
Head of School of International Arbitration since its creation in 1985.
Primarily a practising lawyer and arbitrator. Professor Julian Lew’s research interest is international commercial arbitration and private international law. He has written extensively on many different aspects of international arbitration and trade law, and has authored and edited numerous books, and has written innumerable articles, on international arbitration.
He is the UK member of the International Court of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), and a member of the ICC Commission and International Arbitration and the Council of the ICC Institute of World Business Law.
- QLLM043 International and Comparative Commercial Arbitration
- Applicable Law in International Commercial Arbitration (1978)
- Contemporary Problems in International Arbitration (1986) ed
- Immunity of Arbitrators (1991) ed
- The Enforcement of Foreign Judgments (Looseleaf, 1996) jt ed
- Comparative International Commercial Arbitration (2003), joint author with L Mistelis and S Kroell
- Parallel Proceedings in International Arbitrations Involving States (2005) jt ed
- Pervasive Problems in International Arbitration (2006) jt ed
- Arbitration Insights: 20 years of the annual lecture of the School of International Arbitration, jt ed.
- Head of the School of International Arbitration