Dr Noam Shemtov
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8063Room Number: Lincoln's Inn Fields
Dr Noam Shemtov is a Senior Lecturer in Intellectual Property and Technology Law at the Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS) at Queen Mary University of London. His interest areas include IP and the creative industries, IP and digitisation and Open Source Software. He has recently managed a team of researchers in a research project on Open Source licences funded by Microsoft.
Noam is the LLM course convener for Intellectual Property and the Creative Industries. He is the Director for specialist IP programmes: Certificate in Intellectual Property and the Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice. Noam is also a visiting lecturer at Univesidad de Alicante and at Universidad Autonoma de Madrid.
Noam is a qualified solicitor both in the UK and in Israel.
- QLLM095 Intellectual Property and the Creative Industries
- QLLM017 Computer Law
- Free and Open Source Software: Law, Policy and Practice, Oxford University Press (2013); with Prof. Ian Walden
- Software Patents and Open Source Models in Europe: Does the FOSS community need to worry about current attitudes at the EPO?. IFOSS L. Rev vol. 2, (2) 151-164 (2011)
- European Patent Decisions, Sweet & Maxwell (ISBN: 9780952000723) (2007-2013); with Florian Leverve
- Mission Impossible? Search Engines ongoing search for a viable global keyword policy, Journal of Internet Law, (Aspen Publishers) September 2009.
- The characteristics of technical character and the ongoing saga at the EPO and the English Courts, Journal for Intellectual Property Law and Practice (OUP, July 2009).
- Searching for the Right Balance: Google, keywords advertising and trademark use, European Intellectual Property Review 30.11 (2008), 470-474
- Getting into shape, TrademarkWorld (May 2008)
- Revisiting Arsenal in the Light of Opel and Picasso, Journal of Intellectual Property Law and Practice, OUP, 2007 2(8):557-563
- Circumventing The Idea Expression Dichotomy: The Use Of Copyright, Technology And Contract To Deny Public Access to Ideas, Emerging Issues In Modern Intellectual Property Trade, Technology And Market Freedom, PIPS Nov. 2007;
- Member of the Queen Mary Intellectual Property Research Institute (QMIPRI)
- Member of the Institute of Computer and Communications Law (ICCL)
- Dr Noam Shemtov to speak at the 10th Annual Standards, Patents and Competition: Law and Litigation Conference
1 December 2016
- Dr Noam Shemtov is commissioned by the WIPO to carry out a study on intellectual property rights in the mobile app industry
10 August 2016
- Dr Noam Shemtov to speak at the annual Managing Intellectual Property Forum
1 August 2016
- CCLS hosts Greek Alumni Reunion in Athens
26 April 2016
- Dr Noam Shemtov takes part in Science Summit: Strategy for Excellence conference
10 December 2015
- Dr Noam Shemtov to speak at 'Fashioning the Law' conference, Greece
5 May 2015
- Dr Noam Shemtov to co-chair Fashion and IP Seminar held by Wragge Lawrence Graham and Co
24 February 2015
- Noam Shemtov invited to speak at Thai Embassy on Intellectual Property education
10 May 2012